Red hat and rainbow scarf sewn together, outfit 279

Angela in red hat sewn onto scarf. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

I bought a red knitted hat from North Harrow Library. The cost was wo pounds.  I liked the colour. 

It was lightweight. It covered my ears, but not my neck. 

I have a smart, warm red coat, but no hood. A bucket hat slides off, at least off my silky hair.  What should I do?

I should do waht I have done before, add a scarf.

A scarf tied on top looks untidy and keeps coming off. The useful thing to do is to dwe the scarf onto the hat.

I looked in my winter scarf and glove compartment and found a red scarf. Soft. A bit dark. i found another red scarf, lighter, but not right. Then I found a rainbow scaarf. Very jolly. Brighter red. Will go with red as well as other colours.

It was surpridingly easy to sew it on. I started from the back seam of the hat. I folded the scarf in two to find the mid point.

A few minutes later, done, voila! (A French exclamation. I have just noticed it is short for see-there.)

Scarf Reverse Pattern

Reverse of scarf showing the weaving on the back of the scarf. Name tape sewn onto scarf. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Check which side of the scarf is the top half. I sewed mine on the wrong way. However, I could turn the hat inside out without much change except the seam up the back which I doubt many people would notice. The first picture of me wearing the hat shows both sides of the scarf.

With my hair tucked into the hat, I might be warmer, and tidier, no need to comb my hair, but the effect is not so good. Very plain. With my blonde hair out, it looks more effective.

I looked in my bag and found my other recent hat which needed a scarf attached. Guess what the pattern was - rainbow!

Rainbow scarf, bought in a supermarket France in January 2024. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


Now what? Sew on a red scarf and have one rainbow hat with a red scarf, and one red hat with a rinabow scarf. 

The red hat is light weight and not too warm. The rainbow hat is thick and warm. I put it on top of the other set. Now the fact that the red hat is reversed does not matter. The rainbow hat does not slide off because it sticks to the hat below, as well as the scraf to anchor it. I am evern warmer. 

Selfie photo of rainbow hat with rainbow scarf. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.



Second picture showing more of the rainbow scarf.

Please share links to your favourite posts.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A