Packing for all weathers - sun, snow, sea, accessory outfit 316

Packing For Cold - in hot countries

 I went to France in January. The south of France. I thought it would be hot. It was not. Countries which have four seasons can be hot in summer but cold in winter.

I was very glad I had packed a long pair of socks. I had to wear pyjama bottoms, night wear, as leggings. Like a Punjabi outfit.

By chance I had a pair of gloves in my jacket pocket. I left London in the cold with a hooded jacket I was very glad to have it. And the gloves.

On another occasion, in a hot climate, I went on a boat trip. Out at sea, there was a chill breeze. At night, when the sun went down, it was really cold.

Singapore and Thailand

In the hottest countries, at a restaurant, you might be sitting outisde in the heat. But if you sit indoors, there is chilly air conditioning Especially if your table is under it. 

I always take a long scarf. It can be used to cover you up in a temple or conservative gathering. 

Asian Temples

Although some temples do not allow sleeveless and backless and shoulder revealing uncovered dresses with scarves because unsecured scarves can easily slip. The solution is to wrap the scarf securely so it looks like a fixed top.

Summer Sun Hats

You can buy hats with attached, matching but detachable face covers and neck covers. 


Amazon has several.

I like a hat which can be secured.

I keep my spectacles secured by a hat. It would be better to have them on a chain. You lean over a cliff or water for a look and oops, there go your sunglasses or sighted spectacles needed for driving. .

Winter Coat Dress

I used to find that people insisted that I take off my jacket on arrival at their house. But they do not have heating on as high as I do. The solution is a coat dress, a knitted long coast.

Angela Lansbury. Winter black with warm pink accent colours. Photo by Trevor Sharot. Copyright.


Please bookmark as a reminder. Share links to your favourite posts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A