Post 306 Warm Winter Clothes, Framed By the Doorway of Grimsdyke Hotel

 

Angela Lansbury at the entrance door of Grisdyke Hotel, London, England. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

Skirt
Vintage Green suit skirt, label Ann Balon, of the UK. Warm in winter, in March in London where it is cold outdoors. The slit in the skirt is filled by a DIY black insert. 

Boots
Black and red leather with flower petal design. Low. Flat heel. Ankle length.

Blouse
White. Three jooly red embroidered lozenges on the front. I wore it because the red would cheer me up. Looking at the photo, I reckon the blouse might have looked better tucked in. But y husband was cold outdoors and impatient to leave. The main purpose of our visit was to check out the restaurant, not to take photos, which was my secondary purpose.

Black coat
Marks and Spencer's

Black Bag
Leather. Zip top and a zip inside pocket. Two arched handles. 

White Cap and scarf
Even in the daytime, I carry a white hat so I can be seen at night or on a dark road. The safety saying goes, wear white at night.

The white cap is sewn onto the scarf. This keeps my neck warm. I always have both pieces together, not hunting or wearing mismatched items. Sewing it on stops it falling off or hanging lopsided. You don't lose the scarf part , or leave it behind, or drop it in the dirt. I have written about this on an earlier post. 

It is not shown in the photo because I took it off and put it in my large tote bag when indoors.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A