Tie to Dye for, outfit 328

 

Richard Pull in H & M tie. Photo by Angela Lansbury.

I asked Richard Pull, "Why did you choose that particular tie?" (I thought he would say, because blue is my favourite colour, or, it matches my suit.)

He replied, "It's my favourite."

I persisted, "Why do you like it?"

He answered, "Because I painted the stripes on myself."

H & M

The label on the tie reads H & M. The H & M company is huge. They started in Sweden. The H stood for hennes, meaning her, in Swedish.

Useful Websites

https://www.thomasfortin.com/post/stripes-that-unite-a-short-history-of-the-regimental-striped-tie#:~:text=Over%20the%20last%20century%20the,group%20camaraderie%20rather%20than%20individuality.

Please share links to your favourite posts. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A