My Blue Sequinned Hat - A Brilliant Success Post 359

 


My hat purchase at an art show in Finchley, north west London, was a sequinned hat.

Angela Lansbury wearing a hat with blue sequins. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

This hat was a success. It looks like a cross between a straw hat and a Panama hat and a trilby. The label inside says 100% polyester. The hat is lined with white fabric so there is not scratching of your skulls from spiky bits of real or imitation straw.

I could sew onto the inside band a piece of stretchy thin flat, hat elastic. 

(I did that recently on my Sandeman hat.)

DIY hats to decorate

I later looked online to see what I could find and make in a similar style. I could buy a white hat from China. But last time I bought a pink cowgirl hat, it arrived out of shape from the packaging being bashed. 

Silk and Smart Hats

I found another stand selling even smarter hats in silk, other styles, such as one amusing beret. Up to three figure sums.  

Silk and special occasion hats. Prices such as 40 pounds sterling, seventy five, and more.

The multi-colour beret looked interesting. However, the flat style didn't suit me. 


I am short and a tall hat enhances my appearance. So I made a note that the dearer stand seller had hats for special occasions. 

Meanwhile, I was happy with my purchase which matched my everyday blue coat.

What if you cannot find the seller of the trilby style hats, or want to try DIY hat making for the fun of it? Or to match a particular item?

Ebay has white and other colours of panama hat just a penny under four pounds with free postage, from the UK from Ilkeston.

Useful Websites

White panama hat

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186055129762?_trkparms

Please share links to your favourite posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

Period Pants from Marks & Spencer & More, post 345

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291