Valentine's Day Black Hearts from Shein, and Red jacket, dress of the day 586

 

Angela Lansbury, wearing top from Shein with black hears. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

Red Jacket
The red jacket is also called a cape blazer. Sometimes described as open sleeve. The label is Be Jealous. Adds colour to liven up the black and white.

Red Hat
Less than ten pounds. I have them in several colours. I didn't buy them all at once. I didn't want to make a mistake nor break the budget. I bought one to see if the fabric was right. Then re-ordered every now and then.

White top with Black hearts
The white top with small black hearts comes from Shein. The hearts are small. Subtle. Don't show up well on a photo or if covered by a jacket.  Black and white are easy to match with other clothes. black and white for summer and winter, day and evening.

White Sleeves
Pretty Little Thing is the label. I bought it second hand from Refash. The sleeves were my dream, separate sleeves to go with sleeveless tops. 

Why add sleeves? To look more elegant, less casual. More formal, more businesslike. To add a pretty touch to a plain outfit. To vary your look on holiday, or at home. 

Practical. To feel comfortable in air conditioning. To ward off sunshine - or insects. 



Black Skirt
Clock House from C and A, which started in the Netherlands and was big in London, England, in the UK. 

Size 16.  Size 16? Yes, I was a size 16 pre-Covid. Then I slimmed down to be safer. 

Now the skirt, which was already long, is included to slip even further and risks tripping me up. I considered cutting off a piece at the hem, about the width of my hand, to clear and show the shoes. 

However, I was in a hurry to go out. So I hoisted it up with a belt. I did not have time to sew on two loops of ribbon either side of the waist to hold the belt. So I folded the skirt's top over the belt to secure it.

The next day I discovered that the skirt had hanging tapes, one either side. Without even cutting, I could sew the top of tape down to create belt loops. If I want two more vertical pieces for securing the belt across the back, I could cut the straps in half. The straps are  matt cotton, not fancy. I might be better off preserving the hanging straps and adding four small pieces of narrow or wide ribbon to hold the belt. I need to select a suitable belt first. The ribbon straps must be wide enough for the belt. But not so wide that the skirt slips about and the belt looks lopsided and untidy.

The skirt is mostly viscose 69%, partly polyester 31%. The label says hand wash. It has a spare button, a thoughtful touch. Next is the brand for the next generation, who have moved on, the next set of styles, after the slim, sexy, single teens and early twenties, more settled and sophisticated clothes.

White Collar
From China via eBay, where you will find dozens of collars. This one looked pretty on the page. When I received it, I did not wear it for months. It was too dressy and looked incongruous with most round necked tops.It left a gap. So after several failures to find anything it fitted, I gave up trying.

Then I was looking for a necklace or scarf to add neck interest and fill in the gap and cleavage. This collar fell at my feet as if fate wanted me to find it..I tried. It worked well. It worked wonders.

Sandals
Pretty: Red. Matches lipstick. Matches hat. 
Practical. Quick release. Touch and close. (Popular brand name Velcro.)
From the UK. Sold in catalogues. In the summer season you might see a lot on eBay.

Useful Websites
Be Jealous

C & A

Red hat

Pretty Little Thing

Singapore Thrift Stores

If you have any queries about vintage clothes, adapting old clothes to fit or co-ordinate, or buying new clothes, contact me here, or, faster thorugh facebook, or a Toastmasters group which I attend, or my email on outlook.

Please share links to your favourite posts. The red sandals and hat have been described in earlier posts.
This one is
I have several more which might interest you.

More hearts with Angela
Ring for a kiss and red heart shaped balloon in the UK

Blue hearts on top from Nicosia in Cyprus

Anniversary picture 366 with black hearts and black jacket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A