Dress 102 Lavender dyed dusty pink Ann Balon dress and jacket - in sukkah

 

Angela Lansbury wearing a pink Ann Balon dress in a blue Sukkah, holding a piece of fruit. Sharot family photo.


Dusty pink dress, brand Ann Balon. Dress and matching jacket with lace appliqué

The Colours of The Clothes
I thought the pink was corpse colour so I tried dyeing it with Dylon powder dye from a box. I decided to just do the edges to see if I liked the color. I liked the effect of the contrast color edges. No need to do any more. Besides, the dye made such a mess in the bath, overflowing the plastic bowl, dripping as the clothes hung over the bath on hangers, that I decided not to do any more dyeing.

The Props And Background
I am holding a pomegranate. I am holding it forward to create foreground interest.

This is a Sukkah or booth built against the house outdoors where you are supposed to eat all week, during the Jewish festival of Sukkoth. it is a harvest festival, the fruit harvest. 

At this time of year, late autumn, the gardens of England have apples dropping from the apple trees in the back gardens of detached and semi-detached and terraced houses. The apples, if stored correctly, not too close to each other, can provide vitamin C through the autumn and winter months.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.