The Butterfly Dress Started The Blog
I took this picture and posted it on my Facebook page. The Butterfly attracted so many enthusiastic comments that I looked for another amusing outfit for the following day. An internet search showed I was not the first person to think of dress of the day, an obvious alliteration, so I changed my title to Dress of the day with Angela.
Dating And Numbering
If I had started on January 1st with dress 1 I could have numbered the dressed 1 to 365 or January 1 to 31 in January and so on through the months. Unfortunately, I started mid July. I missed a couple of days. Then I forgot the number and stopped numbering.
However the numbers are useful. I was thinking of having a vote on your favourite dress when I reached number 100, or number 50. How would people be able to pick their favourite? I might have two dresses with butterflies, or two black dressed, or two from brand Ann Balon. The numbering system was simpler.
Toastmasters Blog
I was prompted to start another blog to complete an assignment in Pathways, the course everybody chooses in Toastmasters International which trains speakers and leaders. When I started the dress of the day on Facebook I was a member of five Toastmasters International Clubs, the first one I had joined in the UK, Harrovians, Another nearby club in London, HOD, the nearest one to an address where I lived in Singapore, Braddell Heights Advanced, and a second advanced club in Singapore, called Tampines Changkat Advanced, and entirely online club, Singapore.International Dynamic club.
The blogging assignment required at least eight posts of a new or existing blog. I had spoken about my most popular blog, TravelwithAngelaLansbury.blogspot.com, in my first Pathway, Presentation Mastery, and my second, Engaging Humour.
I had had 88 likes for my Facebook post. Whilst nowhere near the viral posts which reads, hundreds, thousands, for me it was huge.
Now it was time to start a new blog. Dress of the Day with Angela.
My first post labelled Dress of the Day on Facebook, was the big butterfly.
Apart from amusement, the smile smiling at you, what can you learn? Everybody wants to know, what's in it for me. I aim to tell you a story to go with each picture, how I put the outfit together, and what you can do the same, or how you can buy or make similar clothes, or just a story inspired by the outfit or the colours.
From my pictures you can learn
what to wear for impact,
where to buy dramatic outfits,
how to put together an outfit with accessories,
how to stage a picture with props, and
how to buy something similar, and
how to make your own clothes, or
alter small items and large items to fit you and
recycle. in order to
impress your colleagues and friends, or
amuse your friends and family, or
entertain yourself.
Lots to look at - and learn. Enjoy!
Useful Websites
Caftans from the USA
Butterfly patterns on skirt or Egyptian soldiers around the hem
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353095753122?hash=item5236259da2:g:qQEAAOSwyKlfNIjA
Butterflies down the diagonal on a half diagonally white shift dress, from China
https://www.ebay.com/itm/393273751588?
Caftan in pink or blue with crowds of butterflies lower down, from China free shipping? on ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114810880182?
CALL TO ACTION
See this post on Facebook.
Read my other posts.
Like this post and share it on Facebook.
Add a comment on my latest photo on Facebook.
Send requests for tips on dressing or photography or writing blogs or giving speeches to me on Facebook.
Send links to this blog to your favourite friends, family and colleagues.
About The Author
Angela Lansbury is a travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.
Facebook: angelalansbury123
twitter
instagram
youtube
linkedin
Toastmasters International
Angela is or has been a member of
UK clubs
Harrovians (Meet Indra, Warren, Amparo, Seema and others)
HOD (Meet Gill, Mike, Martin and others)
SINGAPORE CLUBS
Braddell Heights Advanced (Meet Faith, Mike, Kan Kin Fung and others)
Tampines Changkat Advanced (Meet Desmond, Chia, Ng Kin Foong, triple Singapore contest winner and others)
Tiarel (Meet Richard Sng and others)
ONLINE - only and always online, every Friday 9 pm Singapore time
Singapore Online Dynamic (Meet Willie, Alicia and others)
Angela Lansbury teacher of English (advanced and English as a Second Language or English as a Foreign Language, French and other languages, aspiring polyglot.
Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Member of many toastmasters speaker training clubs and speaking contest judge.
Angela Lansbury, the author of 20 books including Wedding Speeches & Toasts, and Quick Quotations, has lived in the USA, Spain and Singapore.
She has several blogs and writes daily on at least two of the following:
Please share links to your favourite posts.
Comments
Post a Comment