How to Add Travel Props and National dress: SINGAPORE, TANZANIA, UK, USA, VIETNAM

SINGAPORE 

Singapore mask, washable, white, given free to every household, before National Day, by the government. Worn by Angela Lansbury at Changi Airport, Singapore, before departing for London, England, for son's wedding


Why add placenames? I used to think it was naff to wear a t-shirt advertising a country, a cheap bag given by a tour operator, or to show the name and seasonal notices which outdated soon outside a building. However, self-captioning photos can be useful.
I have often looked at photos and thought, which cathedral is that? Which country was I in? Which year was that taken? Who is that?

A photo identifying a country is useful to set the scene for an opening shot. It ensures that a reader glancing though still knows the subject and gets the PR for the country or hotel or restaurant.

I once submitted two photos of a hotel and a museum to a local UK newspaper. They switched the captions. When I told them which picture was which, they argued that they were right and I was wrong. I noticed a small sign board on one of the pictures and asked for a magnifying glass. Sure enough, I had accidentally and without realizing it included the names of the hotel and the museum very small in the pictures. From then onwards I deliberately took a self captioning photo. If you can self-caption all the photo is a set, that is great. If not, at least the first one.

You can stand yourself beside the sign board or signpost going into a city. By the hotel name. By the museum with the entry times, so you don't have to look them up on the website later.

I am now planning to photograph all the garments I wear with the labels, which is what people show selling new or second hand garments on Ebay on the internet. 

T-shirts with the word Singapore.

TANZANIA - KILIMANJARO

Kilimanjaro is just south of the Kenyan border. Most souvenirs are t-shirts because that is what climbers need.

However, I found a sundress with giraffes and it had the word Kilimanjaro on it.



UK

I love London sweatshirt.


USA

Tee shirts with city names. I have one from San Diego.


VIETNAM

Neck bag with Vietnam on the front.


VIETNAMESE NATIONAL DRESS


Useful Websites

Failing all else, print yourself a tee shirt or shirt or tote bag or lanyard badge with the name of the country you plan to visit.

Useful Websites

About the Author Of This Post

Angela Lansbury is a travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

 Please see my other blogs and posts and share with your friends the links to your favourite posts.

travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com

dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.