Blue to Banish Blues. Dress of the Day 135 Royal Blue jumper with turquoise triple leaf. Smile with Angela. Beautiful Blue and how to choose your complementary colours to attract compliments

Angela wearing a blue jumper. Photo by Trevor Sharot. Cropped and edited by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

The fabric is soft and stretchy. The cut is batwing, broad sleeves which are roomy for moving your arms when typing. 

Batwing sleeves are not so good when trying to put a warm coat on top. I need to wear wide sleeves. For example, a ski jacket usually has roomy sleeves.

Lost Labels
This jumper does not have a maker's label.

Nor does the garment have a washing label. I shall wash it by hand in lukewarm water. I shall put it in lukewarm water first and see whether the colour runs. 

Photography Footnote
We try to take a photo near mid-day in the UK and Europe, and north America, and Asia, especially
in winter in the Northern hemisphere. The reason is that we want sunlight to brighten my face and enhance colours of the clothes. 

We chose this place outdoors to get maximum light . If I face the sun I get the sun in my eyes and squint. But all back light creates a silhouette.

I move to avoid a distracting background of cars. Also house numbers or car numbers which quickly identify the location.

Comments
Fiona says it looks typically British. Why?

Vegetation Typical Of Backgrounds
Holly is British. Fir trees are typical of the UK, northern USA and northern Europe. Falling leaves show the Fall.

Palm trees are typical of southern Europe, Florida and the South of the USA, and Singapore and SE Asia.

Typical Clothing
Summertime - In Europe, well-endowed woman wear low necks showing cleavage. The same applies to evening clothes.

Chinese outfits such as cheongsams have high necks, covered busts, (which protects you from sunlight).

Royal Blue
Blue suits me, especially royal blue. It accentuates the colour of my eyes and matches my skin. Vibrant colours suit me. Royal blue is a rich, vibrant dark blue.

Summer, Winter, Spring and Autumn Colours
In Singapore I attended, and paid for, a colour course. 

Various systems exist. One divides you into seasonal colours. Some of them give you a colour swatch to take away to match up against fabrics and clothes in shops. Once you have got the general idea, you don't need to carry the swatch. In fact you can simply hold two or three garments of different colours against your skin in the shop and you can see which have a pleasing effect. If you are colour blind, you can ask somebody else to shop with you, or ask the assistant, or read the label.

Comments
My friend from Writers Holiday and now on Facebook, Linda S (I have three friends or fans called Linda) wrote that screw on ear-rings were a fashion from the Sixties. 
I replied:
 Linda, with one word you have inspired a stream of thoughts. Sixties? Oh, really! So much that I possess with no obvious label and looking anonymous yet then attracts the neat classifying comment, 'very Sixties'. (The same Sixties label was applied by Jayanthini of Harrow to umbrellas with ribbons.) I was in my twenties. Shows how long I have kept things? Reveals my age. Now you know how I have so many clothes and accessories to show. From 1960: with only one item each year from 60 years (1960 to 2020), only one new item per picture from five categories, which are: dress, hat, shoes, umbrella/prop, jewellery/belt, I would reach about 150 items. From the last ten years I have more like an item a month.


Jasmine said

I replied: I am beautiful in blue. You are pretty in pink.

Choosing Your Complementary colours
When I was a child I was often dressed in royal blue. My mother had discovered that the colour suited me. I wore so much blue as a child that I was tired of it and subconsciously avoided it for years. I only recently rediscovered royal blue and loved it.

I saw stylish Singaporean author Catherine Lim wearing a royal blue dress at The Tanglin Club in Singapore. I loved the colour. I grouped together some of my royal blue clothes.

I feel that my eye for colour is instinctive. But I have taken a colour course. I think it came in a package with a style course. Three hours for the colour. Then three for the styles.

You can take a course to learn your colours. You end up with a swatch of colours to take to the shop to look for clothes which match. You should do a Marie Kondo and remove what doesn't suit you to make room for your new stunning perfect outfits.

Alternative, dye your clothes. Only the whites, white cottons, will come out with perfect bright colours. Assuming you have recent and effective packets of dye. (For example, from Dylon.) You can buy dyes online. I used to buy from John Lewis in Brent Cross. 

Colour Me Beautiful
If you can spend the money, over 1000 pounds and the time for a five day course, 9 to 5, and receive a kit including colours to show customers during the training, you can be a trainer of individuals, or go on to do a corporate training course.

Useful Websites

About the Author
Travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.
(See post on this subject.)

About the Author Of This Post

Angela Lansbury is a travel writer and photographer, author and speaker.

 Please see my other blogs and posts and share with your friends the links to your favourite posts.

travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com

dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.