Sandals, Shoes & Boots - where to buy

Shoes, shoes, shoes. I love shoes. Angela Lansbury in blouse with shoe pattern. Selfie Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

I went to the museum in the presidential palace in Manila in the Philippines, wearing clothes according to the dress code (was it no open shoes nor sandals?)  hoping to see the famous shoe collection of Imelda Marcos. She was supposed to have more than a thousand pairs of shoes, with other estimates of more. 

I was disappointed that the following and rival Presidential family or government had decided that these did not reflect well on the government. I later learned that Aquino was shot dead on returning from exile. That does rather dent your enthusiasm for anything connected with a rival family.

Yet the shoes were often given to Imelda by the local shoe manufacturers and can be an advertisement for the Philippines shoes industry. If you want to display my shoes after I die, or whilst I am still alive, please do so.

Brands and Shops, alphabetically


CLARKS Shoes

I have silver boots, knee-high with a side zip and decorative buttons

Angela wearing silver boots by Clarks. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

Silver boots, showing zip on the inside and large purely decorative silver buttons on the outside.

Outlets and Sales 

https://www.clarksoutlet.co.uk/c/all-womens-styles

https://www.clarksoutlet.co.uk/storelocator


CUSHION-WALK 'Flexible comfort'

I have dark red walking shoes with a nearly square toe. As the company correctly claims in their tagline, flexible and comfortable. The leather lining must contribute to this comfort. 

I bought size 5 which is large for me and they kept slipping off. One day I added some inner heel grips and the problem was solved

Cushion-walk walking shoes in red, and two tone green and stone colour sandals with touch and close fastening. Photo by Angela Lansbury, cpyright.

The synthetic exterior looks smart but the surface is chipping off - oh, no - not my favourite shoes! I also have a crease across the top of the mid-toe area. I might have to try to conceal the white showing through by using a dab of red shoe paint. I used black shoe paint successfully for years.

I also have two-tone sandals in green and stone which touch and close in three place, twice across the toe and once behind the ankle. Quick to release at security when travelling though an airport.


Available from

Amazon.co.uk

https://www.crazyclearance.co.uk/shop/footwear/brand-cushion-walk/

damart.co.uk

intu.co.uk


FREESTEP

From Amazon and others

I have plain brown and plain red sandals. The front is nice and wide. It does not cut into your toes. It covers your feet a little to protect against sunburn. 

Red and beige sandals by Free-Step. The beige one has mislaid its mate. I have linked the back straps of the red shoes together to keep them together. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

They are quick to remove when at airport Security. Quick to put back on. Quick to remove at a temple or home where you are asked to remove shoes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=free+step+shoe


HOTTER

Gold sandals from Hotter, with the convenient touch and close fastening straps.

https://www.hotter.com/gb/en/sol-sandals?selectedColour=Soft%20Beige%20Multi


J D WILLIAMS

Huge thick catalogue.

https://www.jdwilliams.co.uk/shop/c/footwear/f/Brand--Cushion%20Walk


JOSEF SEIBEL

I have dark (wine) red slip-on outdoor shoes, round toed with concealed elastic and (strong shape) thin elastic fastening the mid-size black button.

Lots of leather.

Josef Seibel sandals 

https://josefseibel.co.uk/collections/womens-winter-sale


MILADYS

According to their website, the company was set up in South Africa way back in 1947.

I have gold slip-on slippers.

Far right, slippers in gold, by Milady.

https://www.miladys.com/shoes-47-accessories/shop-by-shoes


OFFICE Footwear

I used to visit Brent Cross a lot. I would look at the sale stacks in Office and Clarks, and even go around the entire mall's shoe shops before going back to make my purchase.

https://www.office.co.uk/

Wednesday Nov 4th 2020 they were offering 70 per cent off seasonal styles.


SOCOFY

Bright, mukti-coloured, and different. Some are leather.

Socofy leather boots in red and black. You can see that I look after my boots with shoe trees. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

https://www.newchic.com/socofy-brand


About the Author

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, fashionista, author, blogger, speaker. Please share links to your favourite posts.

I have many blogs including

travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com

dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.