Dress of the Day 191 Oranges and blue stripes

 




Same picture without the starburst.
 Same picture with blue Hotter shoes

The blue stripe top is another top worn inside out. You may have seen the top in my posts before showing it the right way around with the leaf effect. The top was from Primark in Harrow, London, UK.

Under the blue top is an orange short sleeve vest. I thought, that orange doesn't go with the blue. But then I added the orange hat. I went to look for an orange scarf and found one with brown and blue. Almost never worn, because of the unusual combination of colours. Now I had a use for it.

Let me just tell you about the source of the top which started this outfit. Primark.

Primark
Primark is one of my favourite bargain stores in London, England, UK. 9I have to mention England, UK , because to Americans in north America the nearest London is Canada. When I left the USA, where I had been living for thee years, I told Americans I was going to London, and I received letters months later address to me, simply in London, and the American post office sent them to the nearest London which was Canada. Finally they arrived at my home, at least one of two of them did. Who knows how many letters I lost!

So, in London, UK, the Primark shop could be entered from outside or inside the shopping mall. The store was at the entrance to the shopping mall opposite the bus garage on two floors, with a rail of reduced items near the checkout on the ground floor. Yes, a bargain store. 

To add to the orange colour theme I added the box of oranges with one real orange on top.

In the picture, the orange box is from a Singapore supermarket. Before Chinese New Year in Singapore they sell oranges in boxes so that you can give two oranges to family and friends and business associates.

Two weeks before Chinese New Year (CNY for short) you can buy cheaper oranges, dearer oranges, or variety boxes. In previous years we would have bought the cheapest ones. Or waited until after Chinese new year to see if the price came down. However, this year we looked at the variety box. But it was sold out.

Useful Websites
Clothes and shoes
shoes
https://www.hotter.com/gb/en

Oranges (seasonal boxes)

https://www.fairprice.com.sg/product/lucky-china-lukan-

https://www.lazada.sg/products/yoiaji-swatow-cny-mandarin-orange-l-36pc-i304372125-s538560714.htm

About the Author

Angela Lansbury teacher of English (advanced and English as a Second Language or English as a Foreign Language, French and other languages, aspiring polyglot.

Angela Lansbury, travel writer and photographer, author and speaker. Member of many toastmasters  speaker training clubs and speaking contest judge.

Angela Lansbury, the author of 20 books including Wedding Speeches & Toasts, and Quick Quotations, has lived in the USA, Spain and Singapore. 
She  has several blogs and writes daily on at least two of the following:

travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com

dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com

translateforfun.blogspot.com

See the next post for more details about turning garments inside out.

 Please share links to your favourite posts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.