Do you have any items of clothing which have different patterns on the inside. (Or linings?) Here's one I found.
A picture is worth a thousand words. A picture was more effective in the old days. That was the case when Confucius said it, in an era when most people were illiterate. But this picture shows clearly how I achieved two totally different looks when I took off the top and it was inside out. I looked at it and thought, I wonder how that would look if I wore it inside out?
The sewing around the neckline could be hidden by a scarf. If I had the etime and energy i could sew a soft black ribbon over it. Matt edging would create a casual look. Satin ribbon would suit a more glamorous evening look.
A jacket could concel the back of the neck, the shoulder seam and the sleeves. The only giveaway was the white label down the side seam.
Did I need them? Would I wash the garment with the frou frou front by hand anyway in water which was not too hot? I would not use bleach on a dark colour. I would not send it to be dry cleaned, which is beyond my budget, unless I was in a hotel on expenses or treating myself.
Still, the label contained washing instructions, useful to me or the garment's next owner. I could cut the label off and photograph it with the garment and keep it in a zip lock bag labelled washing instructions and pin the label to a colour photo of the garment by photographing the garment on the mobile phone, sending the photo to a computer and printing the picture.
Meanwhile, for a photo, I stood with my hand over the label. In a photo I had the short sleeve top without a jacket to show the entire garment. But mostly if I were out for the day or with visitors I would be wearing a jacket to cover the label.
I was very happy to have a new look. You can go through your wardrobe to see if any garment has an inside which can be adapted. You could have two looks. Or you might prefer the inside to the outside. For example, a boring black jacket might have a bright, jolly, coloured silk or satin lining.
You could cut out the lining to make another garment.
However, in this blue striped top, the pattern is imply from the other side of the weave.
The blue and black top has a neck label showing it is from Atmosphere.
Useful Websites
Clothes and shoes
shoes
Comments
Post a Comment