Astrological moving rings At Bargain Prices - and how to find your ring size

Somebody showed a picture of this astrological ring on Facebook. I looked it up and found that this design dates back to the 16th century. Sigh.  But is widely available on the internet!

Not only is it available. It is affordable. 

I found one on Ebay. I bought it.

What was my ring size? 

Which colour silver or gold?

Silver Colour, Silver Plated or Sterling Silver?

I prefer to buy sterling silver. It keeps its value. It shines up. It does not leave so much stain on your hands as alloys.

Silver plated, or gold plated, looks good and is cheaper for large areas like picture frames which are not subject to rubbing.

However, rings are pulled on and off when you wash your hands. Rings get moved when you change jewellery and accessories to match different outfits.

While you are wearing rings, they rub against door handles and doors and banisters.

Eventually the plating flakes off. That does not matter if you constantly change jewellery, and are happy to throw away. Or give away. Or spend on re-plating.

Re-plating

I once re-plated a mood ring which was flaking whilst I was on holiday. The price was ridiculous. However, I could not see any other ring or souvenir I liked as much. Most rings or souvenirs new would cost as much. I went back to the jeweller and instead of buying one of his rings, which I did not like, I had my old favourite re-plated.


First I found one at about 2 dollars or pounds on Wish. But the postage was 11. So I hunted on ebay which allows you to check free postage.

To find your ring size, take a ring you like, which fits the finger you prefer which suits the shape of the ring. Measure the internal distance and compare it to the chart.

If a ring is really cheap, you could order different colours in different sizes.

To select the colour, match to your skin colour, the outfit you will be wearing, or your other jewellery or watch.

 Useful Websites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_size

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Silver-Astronomical-Sphere-Ball-Cosmic-Finger-Ring-Couple-Lover-Punk-Gift-G-C7X6/264356578020

About the Author

Angela Lansbury is a British author who has lived in the USA, Spain and Singapore. Her 20 books include Wedding Speeches & Toasts, and Quick Quotations.

She has lived in the USA, Spain and Singapore. She is a travel writer and photographer.

Angela Lansbury is a teacher of English (advanced and English as a Second Language or English as a Foreign Language, French and other languages, aspiring polyglot.

Angela Lansbury is also a speaker. Member of many toastmasters -  speaker training clubs - and a speaking contest judge.
She is VP PR for Braddell Heights Advanced toastmasters club which meets online the first Wednesday evening of the month at 7 pm Singapore time; then the third Saturday afternoon at 2 pm Singapore time. Please come along. Open to Toastmasters and guests. In April and possibly longer BHA will be on bha/learncool.sg
Next meetings are Saturday April 17th, Wed May 5th, Sat May 15th, Wed June 2nd and Sat June 19th.


She  has several blogs and writes daily on at least two of the following:
Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.