Wear curry colour clothes for a meal at an Indian restaurant. Dress 223. Brown dress with white cape blazer.

 


I was ready for a meal out at Muthu's Curry restaurant. I chose a dress in brown, which I had put out on a hanger ready the night before. 

Then before lunch my outfit changed. I was called by the president of Tampines Changkat Advanced Toastmasters Club (a speakers' mutual help training club). He was delivering the two trophies I had won at the club contest. Another club member had suggested we should photograph winners with their trophies to promote the club. So I needed a background to go with the trophies - my previously acquired trophies, and an elegant outfit.

The brown dress is floor length and fitted, with elastic in two parallel horizontal lines around the waist to pull it in. However, it had a white neckline. Should I add something more professional, a collar, to look businesslike?

I looked at my false collars and jackets. The false collars might have looked professional for a head and shoulders shot on zoom. However, for a full length photo, a cape blazer looked neater. The white jacket picked out the colour of the neckline. I did not want  a fussy collar distracting the viewer's eyes from the trophies.

I thought this look was elegant for my photo with my trophies.

However, to go to the restaurant, for lunch, I changed out of the white jacket, as you will see from the next post.

Useful Websites

More about the Author

Angela Lansbury is a British author who has lived in the USA, Spain and Singapore. Her 20 books include Wedding Speeches & Toasts, and Quick Quotations.

She has lived in the USA, Spain and Singapore. She is a travel writer and photographer.

Angela Lansbury is a teacher of English (advanced and English as a Second Language or English as a Foreign Language, French and other languages, aspiring polyglot.

Angela Lansbury is also a speaker. Member of many toastmasters  speaker training clubs and speaking contest judge.

She  has several blogs and writes daily on at least two of the following:
Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.