Green ramie dress with yellow straps. Selfie Photo by Angela Lansbury.
I love this green dress. I needed to wear a collar with it because I am on Zoom internet meetings, so I found a yellow silk blouse to co-ordinate with the top edge of the green linen-like dress. The fiber is called Ramie, which grows in Asia.
The Dress
The dress is a stiff, rough 100 per cent ramie fabric and creases. The colour is fabulous, bright green and yellow. (I have enhanced the colour slightly by editing it in the mobile phone using Auto.) Just sitting at my desk looking down at the skirt, the colour lifts my spirits.
The label says Davinci, size 10, 100% ramie, made in Hong Kong, sample, not to be sold. Maybe the assistant had not noticed the label.
Maybe they were selling it anyway. Maybe I saw it hidden on the back of a rack and it wasn't supposed to be sold but the assistant decided to sell it to me anyway.
Maybe I wanted the non sample half and the assistant wanted to make a few dollars more by selling me the other item. Maybe I thought it was a set and dclined to buy the jacket without the dress. Maybe the assistant persuaded me to buy the too-small dress, by throwing in the larger jacket low price or free.
It is lined with green satin like fabric, the same sort you using et lining jackets.
The straps are yellow. The straps match a band around the top.
A zip at the back reaches below the waist.
The dress is size ten. But the jacket is size 14!
The Green Jacket
The green jacket is the same green fabric but separate or from a different set. Instead of yellow contrst, it has white circles.
I love the circles. I love the pocket. One of the circles is half hidden by the pocket as if it has slipped down.
My first thought was that this is the design. The white circle looks like a setting sun, playing peak-a-boo below the top of the pocket.
Later, I speculated. Is it possible that the circles were sewn on first? Then the pocket added later, covering one of the circles accidentally?
The label says Davinci, size 14, 100% ramie, made in China. Dry clean or hand wash in cold water.
The jacket is not lined. The shoulders are huge and are held up by two huge shoulder pads. I am considering rmoving the pads and sewing the top of the sleeve to the edge of the shoulder.
The White Ring Pattern
The white pattern is four large donut shapes or rings. The outside of each ring and the central hole are edged with thin gold wire top thread.
A spiral of thin shiny ribbon runs from the outide top to the centre.
The Yellow Silk Blouse
The blouse is a rough yellow silk. I cut the turn up cuff on the short sleeves to make the sleeves longer.
Yellow croc shoes to co-ordinate with the yellow in the dress.
Surroundings - Plant Pots
I was looking for a magenta outfit to go with the orchid. This was eluding me and I fell in love with the green combination outfit which matched the green leaves.
More on Ramie from Wikipedia
Ramie is one of the oldest fiber crops, having been used for at least 6,000 years, and is principally used for fabric production. It is a bast fiber, and the fiber used for textiles comes from the inner bark (phloem) of the vegetative stalks and not the woody stem or outer bark. Ramie is normally harvested two to three times a year, but under good growing conditions can be harvested up to six times per year. Unlike other bast crops, ramie requires chemical processing to de-gum the fiber.
Simple wiki on Ramie further abbreviated by Angela
Ramie is a flowering plant in the nettle family native to eastern Asia. It is a herbaceous perennial.
Ramie is one of the oldest fibre crops, used for at least six thousand years. It is mainly used for fabric production. Ramie is normally harvested two to three times a year but under good growing conditions can be harvested up to six times per year. Unlike other fibre crops, ramie needs chemical processing to de-gum the fibre.
Producers
China leads in the production of ramie and exports mainly to Japan and Europe. Other producers include Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Brazil. Only a small percentage of the ramie produced is available on the international market. Japan, Germany, France and the UK are the main importers,
Tote Bag Tapes Or Ribbons
I often save the ribbon handles or rope handles from paper or synthetic tote bags. The green ribbons are synthetic fabric with a corrugated look and feel.
The yellow blouse and yellow sandals also feature in outfit 229. However, the blouse worn outside with tied hem looks different.
Useful Websites
Ramie fabric
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramie
Davinci clothes
https://www.facebook.com/Davinci-Clothing
About Angela The Author
The Author - Quick Quotations
Angela Lansbury B A Hons is the author of ten books by regular publishers plus another ten self-published books.
About Angela The Speaker & Trainer
Angela Lansbury is a teacher of English and other languages to Toastmasters clubs and businesses.
Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Vice President Public Rrelations, Immediate Past President.
Former Area Director S3. Club Coach for Nee Soon South Toastmasters Club.
Also Member of: TCA Toastmasters Club; Singapore Online Dynamic; Harrovians UK
Angela The Blogger
Angela has several blogs speeches, comedy and song writing and organizing, writing itermittently, but writes almost daily on these three:
Please share links to your favourite posts.
Green ribbons rescued - see next post.
Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger
Comments
Post a Comment