How to Upcycle Shorts, Playsuits and T-shirts: Dress of the day 231.Blues To Banish Blues.

 

Angela Lansbury photographed by Trevor Sharot.

Dyed T-Shirt
The tee-shirt was white at the top with two horizontal bands of blue. The paler blue is across the waist The darker blue is from the top of the hip to the hip hem.

The white turned a creamy colour., the way pillowcases do. I loved the triple bands so much that I dyed the white top a pale blue. The modern technical term if you are doing a web search is colour block.
The brand is Massimo Dutti, cotton, made in Portugal. The cotton is thin and lightweight, comfortable, XS.

Blue Apron Front From Playsuit

The fabric looks like cotton. No label. I must have bought it in a sale becuase it was cheap and I liked the fabric. No way would I wear a playsuit with a bare back. I love the colours. The all over vibrant royal blue, which matches my eyes, and the clean, fresh white, with the curves of the bird wings, and the touches of vibrant red. I simple slit the crotch. That left me with the apron top. The apron skirt was just right to slide sideways and covere the side slit of the skirt.

Skirt Made From Shorts

The shorts had the hanging label This Fashion and the price $22. It is Asian size, much to small even after I have lost weight. I am sure I bought it because I loved the button-on pocket and two other pockets. 

The Hanging Pocket

I detached the pocket because the thick skirt was heavy. I decided to wear the pocket seaparately. It makes a good small cross body bag, ideal for carrying a mobile phone. 

The buttons have the indented words around in a circle, HONG KONG 002

Red Shoes

The brand is Pretty Fit. Size 5. I love the style.

The black soles have the symbol for leather and the words vero cuio which is Italian for real leather. However, I can't see anything which looks like leather. The top of the shoes are stiff.

The heels are kitten heels. Short, curvy heels. Cute. A bit of uplift. Not ridiculously high. 

Unfortunately the base of the heels has disintegrated. That can easily be fixed by a shoe mender. 

At a price. They seem to charge as much nowadays for a piece of material the size of a postage stamp as they charged a few years ago for and hand size piece for the so anle and a wrist size piece for a flat heel.

My husband goes shopping and kindly takes my shoes in for repair. He phones back and asks, "The choice is 10 for thin heels and 15 for the thicker ones which last longer?" I opt for the thicker ones. He asks, "Do you really want to spend 15 dollars on these old shoes?"

I reply, "Yes. I could buy new shoes for that price. But it would take three hours of my time goingt of shoe shops. These are the right size. And a great colour. 

I could buy new flip flops in the market for that match.

White and Blue Brim Visor

The white brimmed hat with lace frill and blue underside. The top is open. It fastens at the back with touch and close. The outer edge of the brim is supported by a wire, I can faintly feel.

The label says, Walker's Hat Shop, Descando, California. Hand wash for long life. Proudly made in the USA.


Useful Websites

Ladies' clothes

Massimo Dutti (Several Singapore outlets and others worldwide)

Wiki reveals that despite the Italian sounding name of the trademark the company was founded in Spain.

https://www.massimodutti.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massimo_Dutti

https://www.facebook.com/MassimoDuttiOfficial/

This Fashion

This fashion had a shop in the MRT station at Farrer Park next to Musthapha's department store.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k5138753-This_Fashion_stores_in_Singapore-Singapore.html

Shoes and sandals

https://prettyfit.com.sg/collections/sale-shoes

https://www.facebook.com/prettyFIT/

Prettyfit has several shops in Singapore and others in Myanmar, Thailand and Bulgaria. Their shoe care page is really helpful. It explains exactly why you are supposed to wear different pairs of shoes on alternativng days. I have often read that and never known why. The webside says it is so your shoes which are wet from perspiration have time to dry out.

They also recommend not keeping shoes in high heat which dries them so the glue goes, and the fabric crumbles. That has happened to many of my shoes, in the UK as well as Singapore. Lots of Americans have written comments about the problem of crumbling heels affecting them. Now I know the cause. 

About Angela The Author
The Author - Quick Quotations

Angela Lansbury B A Hons  is the author of ten books by regular publishers plus another ten self-published books. 

About Angela The Speaker & Trainer

Angela Lansbury is a teacher of English and other languages to Toastmasters clubs and businesses.

Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Vice President  Public Rrelations, Immediate Past President.
Former Area Director S3. Club Coach for Nee Soon South Toastmasters Club.
Also Member of: TCA Toastmasters Club; Singapore Online Dynamic; Harrovians UK

Angela The Blogger 

Angela has several blogs speeches, comedy and song writing and organizing, writing itermittently, but writes almost daily on these three:


Please share links to your favourite posts.
For full details of the green outfit these ribbons match, see previous post on dress 230.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.