Rescuing, Re-using, Recycling and Upcycling Tote Bag Tapes and String or Rope Handles

 

Tote bag handles. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


Tote Bag Tapes Or Ribbons
I often save the ribbon handles or rope handles from paper or synthetic tote bags. These green ribbons are synthetic fabric with a corrugated look and feel.


The Green Ribbons
I have several green rescued ribbons, from brown paper tote bags which somebody else threw away? My husband or a neighbour?

My first thought was to save the ties for use on tote bags which had no proper flat handles, just the string ones which bite into your wrists or arms or rub your sleeves.

I put the green ribbons into the drawer of my sewing desk. I opened the drawer and found an odd single green sequin ear-ring, then the ribbons. I detached the ribbons from the brown paper. By tying two ribbons together, I made a green choker, a green hair band, and a green wrist band.

Fastening The Ends
This set has finished ends. If the ends are not finished, you can sew them, glue them, use nail varnish as glue, or tie a single knot or a double knot.


About Angela The Author
The Author - Quick Quotations

Angela Lansbury B A Hons  is the author of ten books by regular publishers plus another ten self-published books. 

About Angela The Speaker & Trainer

Angela Lansbury is a teacher of English and other languages to Toastmasters clubs and businesses.

Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Vice President  Public Rrelations, Immediate Past President.
Former Area Director S3. Club Coach for Nee Soon South Toastmasters Club.
Also Member of: TCA Toastmasters Club; Singapore Online Dynamic; Harrovians UK

Angela The Blogger 

Angela has several blogs speeches, comedy and song writing and organizing, writing itermittently, but writes almost daily on these three:


Please share links to your favourite posts.
For full details of the green outfit these ribbons match, see previous post on dress 230.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.