Dress 251 Radiant Red. Cap with Fabric Rose and Matching Cape Blazer.
Dress of the day 251. Radiant red cap with fabric rose. Matching cape blazer in red.
Photo by Trevor Sharot.
The black skirt was created by slitting the inside legs of a pair of trousers. (Americans says pants. To the British pants mean what the Americans calls underpants.)
The red notebook cover with a pen holder was given to me at Barclays Bank when I went there to help as a role holder in their Toastmasters public speaking contest.
Recycling
The red carpet with the fringes along the short sides was discarded in a dump. The edging strip along one of the long sides is detached, but we put up with that. We love it.
The little stool was also thrown out by somebody. It was bent out of shape. My husband used some tools and brute force to bend it back in shape.
Angela Lansbury. New red hat with fabric rose
The three red plastic drums were also a discarded item, part of a children's toy. I had to leave a big box with the rest of the kit. My husband would have exclaimed, 'We don't have room for that!' The little drums would be handy when I am online and the toastmaster of the Day is about to announce the winners of contest and says, 'drum roll please!' Everybody mimes drumming. But I have what looks like a real drum. I like the way the three of them can be stacked up. I picked them out for an accessory to match up with the red ensemble.
The glass vase is what was left of a bunch of flowers delivered on a birthday. Inside I have placed some green lemon grass stalks from a bunch bought in the supermarket. I placed the root ends in water, hoping they will grow. Having them in a see-through glass vase means I can check on progress.
Useful Websites
ebay for clothes
Red hat from ebay
Cape blazer label Bejealous.com
Red toe post, wedge heel with narrowing heel, toe post, stretches behind ankle for better fit. four cirlces of glass or other imitation beads at front top. Shoes label Covet, number W915-93 38
Cape blazers on ebay from the USA
Also black and white from China
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254235253905?hash=item3b319a1c91:g:OnsAAOSwhJNc38gD
https://www.shein.co.uk/Double-Breasted-Cape-Blazer-and-Tailored-Pants-Set
About the Author
Angela Lansbury, is a semi-retired travel writer still researching bucket list countries and seeking out the special, unusual, people, places, landmarks, hotels, museums and trails, fabulous foods, recipes, clothes and online souvenir shopping.
Angela Lansbury is a member of Toastmasters International.
Angela Lansbury B A Hons is the author of ten books by regular publishers plus another ten self-published books.
About Angela The Speaker & Trainer
Angela Lansbury is a teacher of English and other languages to Toastmasters clubs and businesses.
Angela has several blogs speeches, comedy and song writing and organizing, writing intermittently, but writes almost daily on these three:
Please share links to your favourite posts.




Comments
Post a Comment