Dress 252 Red hat with renovated shirred top dress, with red lace bolero, and DIY pouch.




The Dress

Renovating the dress

Originally the dress was shirred (had parallel lines of thin elastic). But the elastic went. So it became wider and would no longer stay up. I wanted to buy wide satin ribbon. 

Meanwhile I sewed on to the top which was above the bustline, two wide matt brown ribbons which I pulled out of a cardboard tote bag from a shop. 

The lace top bolero From KRISP

The lace bolero hid any gaps or untidiness at the side. The label is KRISP.

You can buy a lace sleeve bolero in Black, red, wine red, or pink, with the KRISP label from Amazon. Links under websites below. The laptop thinks I am in the UK even if I am not so I see the prices in pounds sterling.

After this photo was taken,I simply sewed onto the dress fastening of two sets of red ribbons to tie in bows. One above the bust, the other at waist level.

The pouch

The pouch was made from an off cut of the dress material. I sewed up the two short sides. I went to add two ribbons. As I was sewing one of the short sides, it was easier to sew both ends of the ribbon to the short side. However, that meant I immediately needed a zip to hold in the contents.

Accessories

I added the red shoes. For the photo, i added a white vase with red flowers. I have enough items around the house in various colours to find something in red or pink when needed.

Useful Websites

ebay for clothes

Red hat from ebay

user ID, click for member’s profile


(363106873328)
Color: red







It arrived Jun 10th. it was ordered May 20th. I was in no hurry. It came flat and fiitted in a mailbox.


Lace sleeve red or wine colour bolero by KRISP from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KRISP-9330-RED-SM-Sleeve-Cropped-Evening/dp/B076KLNWJK/ref=psdc_1731486031_t2_B074CGSJ4B

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KRISP-9330-WIN-LXL-Sleeve-Cropped-Evening/dp/B074CGSJ4B/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=krisp+la

I found some pretty fitted lace boleros with sleeves and others with sequins in red from Wish.



Lace capes from Wish in assorted colours.


I am adding photo from the website as shown on my computer screen for my own reference as a reminder here. I have the proper pictures saved in Pinterest.

Cape blazer label Bejealous.com

Red  toe post, wedge heel with narrowing heel, toe post, stretches behind ankle for better fit. four circles of glass or other imitation beads at front top. Shoes label Covet, number W915-93 38

Cape blazers with 'cloak sleeve' from Shein.UK for about twenty pounds sterling, with free shipping or discounts on your first order. Colours black, white, black and white plaid, and pale beige-gold sequins with matching trousers in the sales, in up to large sizes. 

Only 13.99 for the black cape blazer, delivery to the UK:

https://www.shein.co.uk/Cloak-Sleeve-Open-Front-Blazer-

Red with matching trousers included only 22.49 pounds sterling.

https://www.shein.co.uk/Double-Breasted-Cape-Blazer-and-Tailored-Pants-Set

Covet Sandals with wedge heels

https://www.lazada.sg/products/za129-37-covet-ladies-lightweight-ankle-strap-wedges

About the Author

Angela Lansbury, is a semi-retired travel writer still researching bucket list countries and seeking out the special, unusual, people, places,  landmarks, hotels, museums and trails, fabulous foods, recipes, clothes and online souvenir shopping.

Angela Lansbury is a member of Toastmasters International.

About the Author Angela Lansbury

The Author - Quick Quotations

Angela Lansbury B A Hons  is the author of ten books by regular publishers plus another ten self-published books. 

About Angela The Speaker & Trainer

Angela Lansbury is a teacher of English and other languages to Toastmasters clubs and businesses.

Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Vice President  Public Relations, Immediate Past President. VPPR
Former Area Director S3. Club Coach for Nee Soon South Toastmasters Club.
Also Member of: TCA Toastmasters Club; Singapore Online Dynamic; Harrovians UK

Past meetings have included Garen Tee on using story telling in business, on 
bha.learncool.sg/meet/bha . 

Recent meetings of BHA included an educational session on using Powerpoint for posters.
Next BHA meetings, always first Wednesday evening, 7 pm Singapore time. Next meeting is  the third Saturday afternoon, June 19th 2pm Singapore time.  Inauguration of the new committee by the incoming Director of S, plus a lively speech on teamwork.
 
Angela The Blogger 

Angela has several blogs speeches, comedy and song writing and organizing, writing intermittently, but writes almost daily on these three:

See many varied posts such as the post on sculptor Tom Harvey.

Please share links to your favourite posts. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.