How to Look Elegant and Formal Online With A Black lace dickey (false front and collar). Dress 256
You can see that the lace collar might slip sideways. You need a nearby mirror on your desktop to check that the collar is straight. Of pin it in place with a safety pin. What kind of mirror? An upright mirror on a stand. Or a mirror on the wall. Of use your mobile phone Reverse it as if taking a selfie just to see what you look like.
I have several casual caftans which I throw on in the morning for a quick change into daytime clothes for breakfast. Then I rush to the computer and sign into an online meeting. The plain round necklines of the caftan don't look formal enough if the convener of the meeting or featured speaker are wearing a shirt and tie or bow tie.
I have resisted buying black collars, because white resembles a white shirt and looks cleaner and brighter. However, I have some black background dresses with bright pink or red orchid flowers. Black, I thought would look better. I also had a white collar which soon turned yellow.
The time had come to order a black collar.
The black collar arrives in a small, thin envelope, small enough to be delivered to a mailbox. No need to worry about being home for delivery.
With the new collar, I have a new look online. A new look at the dinner table. A clean new item to wear to a restaurant for a special birthday dinner delayed because of Covid-19 restrictions.
To find something similar, use the search words dickey or false collar.
Useful Websites
About the Author
I am a member of several Toastmasters clubs which meet online. Most clubs are public and visitors are welcome at their regular meetings for free.
The photos above show the Achievers Day for the whole of Division S, with the smaller group being those at Braddell Heights Club.
The next meeting of Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters International speakers' club is as usual the first Wednesday of the month, July 7th 2021. Under our new president Yenni. At Braddell Heights we have members and regular visitors from Singapore, the UK, Myanmar (used to be Burma, Ang San Sui Kyi's country) and Switzerland, people whose county's of birth were Britain, the UUSA and India.





Comments
Post a Comment