O, oh, for an orange outfit with an outsize hat, over a cap, optimized by a found necklace - Dress 263
The Delight Of Jolly Jewellery
Oh - an orange necklace. I found necklaces which somebody else had wanted to throw away. Orange and red. And other discarded costume jewellery. Given Covid-19, I had to wash them before wearing them. Cheap jewellery. Not gold or silver. Not valuable or fancy. But to me an orange and red necklace, any piece of jewellery. provides a new look, a new inspiration. I found an orange top which I had worn before and was plain. It needed something to enhance the ordinary neckline. I tried on all the necklaces until I matched a necklace.
The orange top looked too loose. So I added a scarf as a tie belt to emphasize my waist.
What about a skirt? Nothing too heavy with a light top, which was almost sleeveless. I added a lightweight black long slip.
Matching Jacket?
Then I looked for a jacket to cover my arms. What went with orange? Not pink. My white one had temporarily disappeared. I saw the black. No. But I had a black skirt created by the slip! So I added a co-ordinating black jacket. Perfect. Very smart.
That Hat
What about a hat? I had so many compliments about my attention-getting orange and red caps. I had already selected my favourite orange cap with the fabric rose.
The cap has several advantages. (In addition to covering your hair if you are an Orthodox traditional Muslim or Jew. In addition to covering any blad patches from loss of hair or chemotherapy.) In addition to keeping you warm, and holding your hair out of your eyes when you are typing. It covers the roots of your hair if you need to tint your hair but Covid-19 keeps you from the hairdresser or supermarket or you are too busy. It covers wrinkles on your forehead if you don't have a haircut with a fringe. (Americans say bangs for fringe.)
I tried on three orange brimmed hats. I plonked them on top of the orange cap. The large brimmed cowgirl hat did not look right with the fancy necklace. The thin rimmed Trilby was too masculine with the necklace.
The undulating large brimmed hat was glamorous. The orange rose on the front actually added decoration. No need to remove it. Even better. I wanted something new, and the orange cap was no longer new.
Orange Sandals
I looked at my orange shoes. I had a pair of flat orange shoes, just repaired. Or a pair of pretty heels.
But my flat flip flops were comfortable and convenient for the moment. And the colour went just as well with the orange top.
My last job was to paint my nails orange. To finish the look. A touch of colour.
Orange Lipstick And Nail Polish
Plus orange lipstick. Or red. The necklace was more red than orange. Red lipstick would do.
Accessory - Watering Can
I posed on the balcony, with my orange watering can.
Full Length or Close-Up?
The full length outfit was quite striking. But it did not show the whole point of the outfit, the novelty, the necklace. So I took a selfie of my top half, showing the necklace close-up.
Brassiere Support
The brand is Empreinte. The design is Thalia. This bra has full cups, but you can also have a balconette version. I particularly like the lovely, lacey, wide shoulder straps. Even if they show, they look pretty and enhance the outfit. Now that I am much slimmer, I no longer have the weight of my bosom pulling down. The bra helps hold my breasts away from my body which in a hot country or hot room saves you from getting perspiration underneath. I feel fine. But what about appearance?
Unfortunately, the bra does not seem to be supporting me. Is that because I have not stopped to tighten the straps?Maybe I need to hoist it up, or sew it up at the back or where the shoulder straps meet the horizontal band at the back.
Useful Websites
ebay.com
Estimated delivery Wed, Aug 4 - Mon, Aug 16
- ITEM PRICE:
- US $5.52*
The orange top was from Next.
The black full length slip with lace inserts at the neck and hem was labelled St Michael, from Marks & Spencer.
The orange shoes have an M on the sole and the top has the letters FI Tarbo. However, I cannot find any reference to the brand or style anywhere.
The orange hat with the big brim was from the Value Store at Basement level opposite Daiso near the MRT exit at the MRT station one stop from Changi airport in Singapore. The location is at Changi City Point Mall by Expo MRT underground train station.
All About the Author
Angela The Traveller
Angela Lansbury, is a semi-retired travel writer still researching bucket list countries and seeking out the special, unusual, people, places, landmarks, hotels, museums and trails, fabulous foods, recipes, clothes and online souvenir shopping. Two homes, one in the UK, the other in Singapore.
Angela The Speaker
Angela Lansbury has spoken on TV and radio in the UK, USA and Australia. She is a member of Toastmasters International.
Angela Lansbury B A Hons is the author of ten books by regular publishers, plus another ten self-published books.
About Angela The Teacher & Trainer
Angela Lansbury is a teacher of English (trained in the UK, PGCE - taught in a Girls' Grammar School, and a boys' school, but failed the history paper. Teaches English and occasionally French and other languages private pupils and Toastmasters clubs and businesses. Former volunteer at a state school in Singapore for weekend English Enrichment - helping those who failed mock English O level to pass it.
Angela has several blogs speeches, comedy and song writing and organizing, writing intermittently, but writes almost daily on these three:
Please share links to your favourite posts.



Comments
Post a Comment