Dress of the Day 277. (Aug 2021.) Red blouse, fascinator hat and shoes. Reddy for anything.
Comments included>
Reddy for anything. Red and ready to go.
Little Red Riding Hood best dress.
I am posing with my hands on my hips to emphasize the waist.
I started with the black sleeveless dress with the gold embroidery. I have moved to the left of the pampas grass to hide the cards in the road which distract and identify the era and the country. After taking the photo I noticed the cut rose branch on the grass and moved that.
Red Hat - Fascinator
What is a fascinator? a small hat worn for formal occasions such as weddings. A gentleman walks on the lady's left so she wears the fasinator on the right to allow him to see her face when they talk.
The red hat is from Marks & Spencer. I either bought it in the sale, or because it was red and cheaper than any other red hat. Adding a hat, adds height. The red adds attention-getting colour. The colour can contrast or match. Red cheers me up. An elaborate hat looks dressy, dresses up a plain colour dress or a simpler style of outfit.
Afterwards, I had buyer's remorse, thinking, I shall never wear this. It is too dressy for the shops. It falls off easily.
A useless hat which sits on your head and distracts is known as a fascinator. Impractical. But eye appeal. More than appeal. Fascinating.
However, I wore this at our son's wedding. (It did not match my blue outfit, but I didn't have a blue hat to match, and the one whose veto matters, my husband, was happy with it. As my late mother-in-law said, to her disappointed niece Gen, on inspecting the bride to be's wedding dress, 'Good enough'.)
The greenery of the dark pine tree should make a frame. But not actually touch the hat.
That Hat
That hat was from Marks & Spencer. Today they had only three. The cheapest was twenty five pounds. You might think they offer more elegance.
However, if price is your concern, or you think that if the hat style or colour doesn't suit you, you have lost less money, you can look elsewhere. You can buy a black fascinator for as little as one pound fifty pence on Amazon, with postage costing four or five times as much, but less or free if you are on Amazon Prime.
Useful Websites

Comments
Post a Comment