Tesco Masks in Pink and Black - matching pink scarf. Dress of the Day, pretty pinks, masked, 273.

 


I bought from a Tesco Express. 

Good Price
When I looked online, the only company I could find offering a cheaper set was Wish. Then you had to pay postage and wait for delivery. And there were disposable masks in sets of fifty with flowers. But this set from Tesco offered an instant choice. 

I went online to see what was available colourwise. You would search hours for pink and mostly find flowers which look wrong with stripes and dots and other patterns as well as being too fussy if you want to be businesslike at the office, and flowers are ditsy for daytime but not quite right at night. I liked this design fro Tesco, pretty, versatile and neutral. Goes with black and brightens up a black outfit.

Good Colours
Black goes with everything. I already had black. I wanted the pink, to lighten up a black outfit or, more importantly, to go with pinks. 


Not quite the same pink. Good enough? I reversed the mask to white. 



Pretty in pink. Dress of the Day 273.Selfie by Angela Lansbury. 


I matched up the pale pink mask with dusky grey to a pink blouse. Matching colours, including pink, is quite hard to do. Pinks vary from palest baby pink through a pale coral or salmon, and a blueish pink to a dark magenta-y fuchsia. (The fuchsia flower is named after a man of that name. Note that the s comes after the ch.)

A two-sided cotton mask can be reversed to the white side. Unlike disposable masks which are supposed to be worn with the blue outside, because one side is waterproof. 

I often buy a set of three, or a reversible item, not expecting to use the two or three, but because a multiple purchase increases the chances that a multi-colour offer will include some colour I like or a bundle might include style I find useful.

The Matching Pink Scarf
The scarf is three shades of pink. Always handy to have multiple shades. If only one matches, you have to keep checking in the mirror and turning the scarf. Alternatively pin it - but the brooch could leave pinholes in a delicate fabric. Another option is a scarf holder, either a ring design, sometimes with the ring park hinged, and maybe with a clip to hold it firm when shut flat.  

Your Options
You can look for multi-shad scarves. Silk. Cotton. Chiffon.
Chiffon scarf.

Useful Websites
5 black masks from Tesco.com

https://www.amazon.co.uk/QWENB-Protection-Waterproof-Filtration-Ventilation/dp/B0868NQCBC/ref=asc_df_B0868NQCBC/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=499328174143&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3206963739330688161&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045970&hvtargid=pla-1013879645500&psc=1

Scarves
Mixed shade pink


Baby pink or peach chiffon - or buy both if you don't mind chiffon instead of the softer silk. But over a blouse, choose for appearance and price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.