Blue-eyed in a blue outfit, dress of the day 277. Photo by Angela Lansbury.
Jet lag makes me look extremely haggard. Never mind. I love this blue outfit, royal blue, bright blue, true blue. Beautiful blue.
Red is exciting but blue is soothing.
Eyes
Eyes reflect surrounding colours. On a gray day my eyes look a dull gray. But wear all blue and the eyes reflect blue.
Apparently you can get contact lenses which change your eye colour. Another option is spectacles with coloured frames.
I started this outfit with the tee-shirt.
Under Armour Tee-shirt
The tee-shirt is made in Vietnam and was bought in Vietnam. Many shops had them in different sizes and colours and prices. The logo on the outside says Under Armour. The inside label says heatgear (with a copyright symbol). The size is XXL. It is soft, stretchy and smart with the silver embroidered motif. I wish I had bought more in more colours. They would also have made great gifts.
On looking in Wikipedia, I discovered that Under Armour is an American company. The founder chose the British spelling because of the availability of a tollfree number. He wanted sportswear in a synthetic fabric which would wick away perspiration.
The symbol combines a letter U and a second U upside down, intersecting the other U to create the letter A.
Underneath I wear a vest.
Vest
Teal - a kind of dirty turquoise gray. Patra, British brand. They used to specialize in silk. This vest is 100% silk, from their early days. Now they do a lot of silk mixes, as well as cotton and other fabrics. I love their clothes. The vest has a ribbed effect. Lace V-shaped neckline and three quarter length sleeves edged with lace. I have similar thermal vests from marks and Spencers in black and white with the same lace edging which I prize and search for.
Dress
I put on the tee-shirt first and looked for a skirt to go with it. Then I spotted the dress. The dress is sleeveless. It goes perfectly in style and colour with the tee-shirt underneath.
The dress has two belt ribbons from either side to pull it in at the waist and tie at the back. A good trick to remember if you are a dressmaker or alter and adapt clothes and want to add a belt but don't have enough length of ribbon or fabric tube, or if the pattern on the front would be spoilt by a line across it, or if you think you look taller without a belt cutting your image in half.
I don't see a washing label. But I wash everything by hand and hang it up to dry.
Dress Colour
The colour flows from navy to royal blue. The orchid flowers are in creamy white to a pale beige centre.
The ideal match would be either black or white shoes with a matching hat, or a contrasting colour.
The neck label says One time by Champagne. Made in Thailand. Size XL. I love the style and the colour and would like to get more from the same maker and designer. Unfortunately, the word champagne brings up wine makers, or champgna colour dresses. One time or with both words capitalised One Time, does not seem to create a straightforward match either.
Never mind. today's outfit has tuaght me about Under Armour as well as reminded me of alternatives when adding a belt to tighten a dress or top or other garment such as a a jacket or coat at the back of the waist.
That hat
Only US$4.39 and free postage from littleblackdress in China, on Ebay, link below. Many colours.
Useful Websites
Blue cap from little black dress in ebay (numerous colours)
About the Author Angela Lansbury
BIOGRAPHY
Angela Lansbury B A Hons ACG ALB PM5 EH5 DL5 VC5
The Author of several books including Etiquette For Every Occasion. Wedding Speeches & Toasts. How to be the Best Man. Quick Quotations. Who Said What When.
Blogs travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com
dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com
translateforfun.blogspot.com
Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Club Vice President Public Relations (VPPR), Previous President
Join BHA 1st Wednesday 7pm and 3rd Saturday 2 pm Singapore time on bha.learncool.sg
Vice President Public Relations (VP PR) of Tampines Changkat Advanced;
Secretary of weekly online Singapore International Dynamic Toastmasters Speakers’ Club;
Member and past president of Harrovians toastmasters club, UK; Past member of HOD Toastmasters, London. Past member in Singapore of: Toastmasters Club of Singapore (TCS); Tiarel; and Senja Cashew.
More details from Toastmasters International find a club.
Regular attendee at annual Swanwick Writers’ School, England.
Regular attendee at annual Writers’ Holiday, Wales.
Contributor to poetry readings, and after tea courses on: Speaking On Radio To Promote Books; and Plots And Character.
Winner of many club and area speaking contests in the UK and Singapore.
Language advisor to Empire Toastmasters club in Indonesia.
Language and speech workshops in Singapore.
Speaker on radio and TV in England, Scotland, the USA, and Australia.
Compiler of a school course on public speaking for teachers to prepare pupils for school open days with attending ceremonies before government ministers, Singapore.
Former member of Harrow Writers’ Circle, London, and two writing groups in Singapore.
Angela is on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter. She would be delighted to link up with new friends.
Please share links to your favourite posts.
Comments
Post a Comment