Cape Dresses Glamorous Mother of the Groom And BooHoo & Shein Bargains

I have been buying cape blazers from BooHoo in Britain and from China. They smarten up any evening outfit. Black and white are the most versatile colours. Black with a black skirt and lots of different outfits makes for something which won't show the dirt if you spill curry on your clothes in a restaurant.

However, I have now started hunting for other colours. And styles. Capes which fit securely on the shoulders, attached to the bodice of a jacket, but reveal the arms are elegant evening wear, warm but smart and sexy.

The style has crept into trouser suits. (AMERICANS say pant suits.) Next I expect skirt suits. Dresses with long capes attached have finally arrived.

A long-standing friend of mine from a Toastmasters International club in Singapore showed, shared, on Facebook, a photo of herself i a blue cape blazer dress, worn by the mother of the bride at a wedding in Italy.

The supplier of this dress was the brand Marchesa. This maker is new to me, but I looked up the company. In October, October 7th, 2021, they had long cape dresses in blue, green and red, for about 375 dollars reduced from about twice that amount, a real saving. 

Similar prices to Ann Balon, which I wore in blue as mother of the bride to our son's wedding in the UK in 2020. But I had the Ann Balon dress in a lace dress with matching lace jacket. The cape blazer dress looks fantastic. But if you wash your hands and a few drops of water change the colour of the dress, will the water dry quickly, fast enough for you to be able to conceal the stain with your hands or gloves until it dries?

For a wedding, or any occasion, a matching hat would complete the look.

I am researching cape dresses and colours and prices. I would say, if money is no object, or you need sale prices, grab a dress while the sales are on.   

Marchesa had sold out of the shorter and longer black dresses when I looked.

I saw that free postage is offered in the USA. What if you are not there? I checked their locations. They sell through two or three outlets in London including Harrods. Also, several more online.

Marchesa Sale

Confusing sizing. They list the watermelon colour cape dress which I like in pounds GDP 372. So I presume the sizing is UK. But the dress comes from the USA? So is it in US sizing. Their size guide shows the UK equivalent to the US size, but doesn't say which order number/country their sizing goes by!

Budget Alternatives

Budget alternatives are from ASOS and BOOHOO, about 20 pounds with various discounts offered. Sign up now for our newsletter, so much off with this code, if you spend so much, or free postage, and so on.

To sum up:

What's new?

Cape dresses, Mother of the bride or groom cape dresses, cape jump suits, belted cape blazers, cape blazers with button fastenings down from both left and right shoulders instead of down the centre front.

Useful Websites

Watermelon dress - three figure price

https://www.marchesa.com/products/n45g0325?_pos=1&_sid=dca8d4b3e&_ss=r

https://www.lyst.co.uk/clothing/boohoo-cape-sleeve-bodycon-midi-dress-5/?reason=feed-product-text&link_id=694774416

https://sg.shein.com/SHEIN-X-Dr-kholoud-Keyhole-Neck-Graphic-Embroidered-Cape-Jumpsuit-p-2216666-cat-1860

Currently two pounds shipping, educed from four pounds.

Another is from Joanna Hope brand, in J D Williams catalogue, UK

You can see the higher resolution images on my Pinterest page.

About the Author

Angela Lansbury was born and bred in Britain, and has lived in the USA and Singapore. Her family have worked in or lived in Spain and Switzerland. She is a member of Toastmasters Clubs meeting on Zoom with visitors from the UK and USA, India, Sri Lanka, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Through the Toastmasters mentoring program Angela has connected with individuals in Vietnam and Romania, a different connection each month. Please come to the next BHA Toastmasters meeting on the 3rd Saturday afternoon every month. . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.