Dress 275 Striking orange reversible dress with matching scarf, Disney Mary Poppins hat, cape and clasp
Dress
The orange dress is reversible. Two for the price of one.
Matching Scarf
The matching scarf has fringes on the short ends.
I used the scarf as a belt to shorten the dress. The dress seemed too long. I needed it to be shorter on public transport and when walking to be sure of not tripping over. I also wanted to avoid getting the hem dirty.
The scarf pattern matches only one side of the dress, although the colour matches both sides. The scarf matches this side which is my favourite.
If I were making a reversible dress, I would make a reversible scarf from the same two dress fabrics sewn back to back. Would that make it too heavy? I can try out this idea, by pinning together two similar scarves and check the effect.
I used to look on eBay for reversible dresses.
The Cape
The cape was listed as a cape coat on Shein, a successful selling online Chinese fun fashion business. It is a cape, not a coat, in my opinion. Why?
1) Because it does not fit the body.
2) It is not heavyweight protection for winter.
The thin, slinky, slide-y fabric kept falling off. I fastened it with a clasp which seemed to do the trick.
Hat
The hat is Disney, Mary Poppins. Part of an outfit for a 6- year-old. Bought from Lidl in the UK. The full story is in a previous blog.
Shoes - Crocs Clogs in Orange
The shoes are clogs by brand Crocs, short for crocodiles. I first saw them in the sale at a department store in Singapore on Orchard Road, the main central shopping street, like London's Oxford Street. Reduced price in the end of summer season sale of some designs and colours.
A month later I logged into Crocs online in the UK. They have a crocodile logo on the rivet joining the strap. This is the classic Croc, with a strap which rotates forward over the instep or backward behind the heel.
After several hours researching Crocs and lookalike footwear in other colours, I bought these. I liked the colour. I received a further reduction for signing up to their newsletter.
Postage Costs
If you do a google search for Crocs and clogs, the system should show you links and ads from the coutnry where your laptop software has previous searches. I had to change my address in ebay to get items which had suppliers in the same country in order to get the right postage.
I tried asking for, shops near you, free international postage, price low to high.
Note that some s-called reversible dresses are shift dresses with no bust darts and reverse the shape of the neckline which could be high at the back and low at the front, or vice versa, and v neck at the back but u-shape at the front of vice versa. What I look for is reversible in two patterns, ideally in slightly different colours, which I can wear with different accessories to create another effect.
Useful Websites
Crocs for men
https://www.crocs.com.sg/p/mens-bogota-clog/11038.html
Crocs for men and women and children from the UK, free UK delivery, various brands such as Crocs and Toffeln, and colours and multi-color, even animal print
https://www.worldofclogs.com/about
Ebay
Lidl
Reversible dresses for children and matching outfits for parents, bespoke.
https://maison-q.com/collections/reversible-dresses-1
https://www.facebook.com/maisonqofficial
About the author
BIOGRAPHY
Angela Lansbury B A Hons ACG ALB PM5 EH5 DL5 VC5
The Author of several books including Etiquette For Every Occasion. Wedding Speeches & Toasts. How to be the Best Man. Quick Quotations. Who Said What When.
Blogs travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com
dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com
Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Club Vice President Public Relations (VPPR), Previous President
Join BHA 1st Wednesday 7pm and 3rd Saturday 2 pm Singapore time on bha.learncool.sg
Vice President Public Relations (VP PR) of Tampines Changkat Advanced;
Secretary of weekly online Singapore International Dynamic Toastmasters Speakers’ Club;
Member and past president of Harrovians toastmasters club, UK; Past member of HOD Toastmasters, London. Past member in Singapore of: Toastmasters Club of Singapore (TCS); Tiarel; and Senja Cashew.
More details from Toastmasters International find a club.
Regular attendee at annual Swanwick Writers’ School, England.
Regular attendee at annual Writers’ Holiday, Wales.
Contributor to poetry readings, and after tea courses on: Speaking On Radio To Promote Books; and Plots And Character.
Winner of many club and area speaking contests in the UK and Singapore.
Language advisor to Empire Toastmasters club in Indonesia.
Language and speech workshops in Singapore.
Speaker on radio and TV in England, Scotland, the USA, and Australia.
Compiler of a school course on public speaking for teachers to prepare pupils for school open days with attending ceremonies before government ministers, Singapore.
Former member of Harrow Writers’ Circle, London, and two writing groups in Singapore.
Angela is on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter. She would be delighted to link up with new friends.
Please share links to this post and other favourites to your friends.
Comments
Post a Comment