Shein cape, outfit 274, only ten pounds, but was it worth it?

 

Burgundy cape from Shein.

What is great?
Colour. Packs small. Light weight.

Any reservations? It is described as a cape coat which is a misnomer. It bears no relation to a coat. No sleeves, nor bodice. It is basically a circle in sections with four slits. The shoulders are shaped. 

Wearing it over an Anthony Sicari top with absurdly large padded shoulders helps to give it more bulk and swing. I must admit I bought it two sizes larger. I wanted a long over garment because I have lots of maxi skirts and dresses.  

I have bought cape blazers from China in what should have been my exact size but which were two sizes too small. The buttons and buttonholes don't meet in the middle. The garment doesn't do up, so it slides off your shoulders. Shein calls this style open front.

It would hang better if it had a lining. Or if you bought two, in co-ordinating or contrasting colours and sewed the edges together. At a price of ten pounds sterling, plus two pounds for postage, that would not be unreasonable. 

I read through other people's reviews. Those for the garment loved the colour they chose. Once person said it was nasty, cheap fabric. I agreed. It was seamed around the hem and sides. But the long piece making the shawl collar and tie was merely cut.

Nobody said it was great when I wore it. However, when I asked my husband if he liked it, he said yes. Now you know. 

It arrived earlier in the day. I wore it all evening. It is still creased. The instructions are to hang it up overnight in a warm room for the creases to fall out. We shall see.

Websites

About the Author

Angela Lansbury was born and bred in Britain, and has lived in the USA and Singapore. Her family has worked in or lived in Spain and Switzerland. 

She is the author of several book on public speaking and quotations.

She is a member of Toastmasters Clubs meeting on Zoom with visitors from the UK and USA, India, Sri Lanka, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Through the Toastmasters mentoring program Angela has connected with individuals in Vietnam and Romania, and Belize, a different connection each month. Please come to the next BHA Toastmasters meeting on the 3rd Saturday afternoon every month.

Angela is a member of Harrovian Speakers, London (two Monday evenings each month (BST or GMT) currently part in person and part on Zoom, and VP PR for BHA (1st Monday evening and 3rd Saturday afternoon Singapore Time; and TCA, one Tuesday evening a month, both currently on Zoom, as well as secretary for Singapore Online Dynamic which is online only and always, Friday evening 9.30 pm Singapore time.   

Please share links to your favourite posts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.