Tee -shirt
Label Yinghua.
The words are Chinese (Mandarin). Ying means cherry. Hua means flower. So Yinghua is Cherry-blossom.
The top design is embroidered lines in blue, brown and white. The lower design is three fish in black brown and white. I could match the top with a black or white or borwn or blue. But the main colour is yellow and I opted for the yellow. I could also have matched up the horizontal lines or the fish motif.
I found children's clothes with the brand Yuhua on amazon and women's leggings, and clothes companies called yuhua in Myanmar and Hong Kong but could not find any tee-shirts.
Since I am a Pisces, I thought I would search for yellow tee-shirts with fish motif. I wanted something elegant.
On Shein I found yellow tee-shirts, loads of designs, mostly with words like Christmas greetings. Not my idea of elegant. But one plain item - very cheap! (Sew on your own patch.) And one v shape with side slits which had good reviews.
You could buy a plain yellow tee-shirt for a man, woman or child. Draw on it a wavy line in black twice, three times, up to six times. Add flying birds, two joined arches, flattened shape, drawn diagonally in pairs or sets of three. And/or a simple fish, with or without an eye and mouth..
Ribbon Waist Tie
I used to have trouble with loose tee-shirt making me look fat or shapeless. Then I realized you could use a belt to tighten them for a photo and remove the belt if you are sitting in a hot orrice and saving on aircon bills.
I used to have trouble finding matching belts. Then, one day, I realized I could use a piece of ribbon as a belt.
I have tied the bow at the side. When I added a long necklace the bow and necklace got tangled up. They also looked wrong, interfering with each other. I could have tied the ribbon at the back. But I liked the fancy bow. The bow was there before the pendant.
Fatening For Belts
You could cut off a piece of ribbon to make a loop on both sides of the tee shirt.
How To Sew Ribbon Loops To Fasten
Sew the ribbon loop flat and vertically with just enought room to thread the ribbon. That stops it falling off and getting lost. You can tie it to one of the two loops with a tiny knot. Or sew it to the loop or the garment under the loop. Or leave the loop ends attached together so they can be pulled upwards or lowered down.
Bow on Belt Loop
When you are wearing the tee shirt without the ribbon, how do you avoid having conspicous and useful loops? Make the loop look like a bow with a bow from the same ribbon at the bottom or middle of the loop.
How many loops?
One loop back centre. Two loops, one either side of the waist. Three, one either side and one centre back. Four, two at the back and two at the front.
Reduced Length Hidden Ribbon
Instead of having the ribbon showing at the front, which could clash with or hide or distract from the pattern, or hang lopsided if it falls or you stand lopsided, use the more economical half belt.
If you don't have enough ribbon, or want to hide the ribbon, cut the ribbon in two halves. Option - make one slightly longer if the ribbon is wide and you need extra length for the loop. Sew each ribbon at the side of the waist, on opposite sides. Tie at the back.
for more security than a tie, make the belt just long enough to overlap at the back. Sew on press studs or hooks. Conceal the sewing with a decorative matching or contrasting button. I don't like a buton pressing on my back when I am seated in a chair at home or in a restaurant, so I like a ribbon tied in a bow.
The bow can be undone. When and why? If you eat a lot of lunch! Or want your tee-shirt hanging loosely because it is hot and you are alone with nobody to see what you look like. Or you are sitting out of sight.
To keep the ribbon ends neat, sew the ribbon centre back and add two vertical loops and hand width away along the back of your waist.
Prop - Yellow Umbrella With Tulip Handle
In so-called sunny Singpore it was raining heavily all afternoon, for days, in November. You had to swim or ride a motorbike to go shopping in the morning. I have lots of umbrellas. This umbrella has a tulip shape handle. You will find umbrellas with these tulip shape handles online with handle colours in red and yellow or pink or black and more colourd.
Crocs - Practical Shoes
My yellow Crocs are vintage. I found them discarded and covered with mud. After several washes, they were wearable. At first I did not wear them. I spent several months frowning at them, ignoring the ugly shape.
Finally, one day I tried them and found the flexible strap was convenient. The reinforced toe protected my feet. I could wash them easily, inside and out.
I later bought other colours online. See my other posts featuring Crocs and similar brands.
Useful Websites
Yellow tee-shirts
Plain Yellow, reduced to 9 dollars
Only Elevan dollars:
Yellow and other colour tee-shirt, printed with your design, sot of tee-shirt, cost of added design will vary according to eg, number of colours?
Vhttps://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002617525829.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.247755eeEcNfPS&ad_pvid=20211110204029567521966235900022146608_2&s=p
Plain yellow t-shirt for men only 9.50 from marks
https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/men/mens-tops/fs5/yellow
Shein yellow t-shirt dress only 11 Singapore dollars
Yellow, black and white diagonal cut and dew tee-shirt dress.
Yinghua meaning
Umbrellas
Alibaba showed me upside down umbrellas with hook handles. I found the design with tulip handles on ebay. They looked transparent fabric but your search will easily find you more.
Tulip handle umbrellas many colours from century on ebay. Price just under ten pounds sterling or 14 US dollars.
Located in the UK with free shipping within the UK.
Ribbons for belts in various widths
Daiso (Ribbons mentioned in detail on other posts.)
Spotlight
Crocs and Similar Design shoes sold worldwide.
Company in the USA. Described in more detail in other posts on this blog.
Cheaper in the UK than in Singapore.
About the Author
About the Author Angela Lansbury
BIOGRAPHY
Angela Lansbury B A Hons ACG ALB PM5 EH5 DL5 VC5
The Author of several books including Etiquette For Every Occasion. Wedding Speeches & Toasts. How to be the Best Man. Quick Quotations. Who Said What When.
Blogs travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com
dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com
translateforfun.blogspot.com
Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Club Vice President Public Relations (VPPR), Previous President
Join BHA 1st Wednesday 7pm and 3rd Saturday 2 pm Singapore time
Vice President Public Relations (VP PR) of Tampines Changkat Advanced;
Secretary of weekly online Singapore International Dynamic Toastmasters Speakers’ Club;
Member and past president of Harrovians toastmasters club, UK; Past member of HOD Toastmasters, London. Past member in Singapore of: Toastmasters Club of Singapore (TCS); Tiarel; and Senja Cashew.
More details from Toastmasters International find a club.
Regular attendee at annual Swanwick Writers’ School, England.
Regular attendee at annual Writers’ Holiday, Wales.
Contributor to poetry readings, and after tea courses on: Speaking On Radio To Promote Books; and Plots And Character.
Winner of many club and area speaking contests in the UK and Singapore.
Language advisor to Empire Toastmasters club in Indonesia.
Language and speech workshops in Singapore.
Speaker on radio and TV in England, Scotland, the USA, and Australia.
Compiler of a school course on public speaking for teachers to prepare pupils for school open days with attending ceremonies before government ministers, Singapore.
Former member of Harrow Writers’ Circle, London, and two writing groups in Singapore.
Angela is on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter. She would be delighted to link up with new friends.
Please share links to your favourite posts.
Comments
Post a Comment