How to Re-Vamp an Outfit - an orange outfit. Dress of the day 305. Re-presenting the Hibiscus 'top' with an added skirt.
Angela in orange outfit, dress of the day 305. Photo by Trevor Sharot.
I am wearing the short, knee-length orange dress with the hibiscus pattern, which you can see in the previous post. I bought the dress from New Kim in Holland Village, Singapore, and it was cheap and short. Too short. As you saw in the previous post, it worked as a short, airy dress. But I was keen to add a petticoat. I intended to wear the petticoat underneath to lengthen the outfit. But first I tried putting the petticoat on top. This worked really well.
Petticoat
You can see only the top half of the dress because, on top of it, I am wearing a cotton petticoat with a drawstring at the waist. The petticoat is one which I bought from Mustafa's department store, at a bargain price, under ten dollars.
I bought petticoats in two colours of orange, plus a red one and a black one. This is the darker orange. Vibrant. I feel happy looking at it.
Short Sleeved Silk Top
The short-sleeved top is from Patra of London. (Not to be confused with Patra in the USA which makes expensive evening dresses.)
The perfect addition for this outfit would be the orange colour umbrella from Guardian in Singapore.
The Orange Hat
I have two sources of hats. One is a discount shop. The other is party shops online.
Comments
Post a Comment