Toastmasters black and white tee-shirt: Dress of the day 295.


 Keep calm and speak tee-shirt worn by Angela Lansbury. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

Keep calm was a slogan in WW2 UK. 

Black short sleeved tee-shirt. I can't see this version. It might have been printed by a local branch. To print your own, you must submit your design to TI international and get their permission. Their logo has to be printed in their colours. A bit like the McDonalds arch. They have a tried and tested colour scheme which is recognizable. 




Colour Co-ordination
Black and white go with many items in my wardrobe. I expected to be sitting down at a zoom internet meeting. However, I might stand up to show off my tee-shirt. So I looked for a black skirt.

Current Tee-shirts
From Toastmasters International with their logo. Other versions include one with the wording Pathways.

Prices
I sorted the garments by price. The cheapest was about 12 or 13 dollars. The was dearest nearer 60. For men or women. Plain or hooded. Short or long sleeved. Tee shirt. Shirts. They seem to add more designs each time I look. 

The price is cheaper for members. I cannot imagine why a non-member would order one, except as a surprise gift.

Postage will be cheaper in the USA.

As a reminder to myself, to save doing the whole exercise again, I have added my favourites from December 2021.
The cheapest, is 12 dollars, US dollars I presume as it is the com website and not the sg website. However, my computer or software might be doing Singapore dollars just for my settings. 

Check which country's currency you are paying. 

Tee-Shirt Colours & Neutrals
This tee-shirt is for men (but will suit some women). If you want gray, that neutral colour goes with most things, winter white, summer white, or winter black, or evening black. 

They call it white. At first I thought it was in white because the pictured gray was sold out. 

However, on second look, I presumed it meant the Toastmasters logo is white. 

I would prefer white. More cheerful. Though more inclined to show stains and dirt.  

However, the burgundy is burgundy background, not burgundy printing.  


Winter Warm
It costs more but has a hood and a front pocket for warming your hands.

Alternatives To Casual Tee-Shirts
Oxford shirts. Thicker cloth. Different weave.

The Toastmasters Oxford shirt.  What is an Oxford shirt? One with a heavier thicker weave, as opposed to the finer, thinner weave for a dress shirt. Who would have guessed!


Tee -Shirts As Conversation Openers And Publicity
Good conversation openers. Especially if you are hoping to attract people to ask you about Toastmasters in order to recruit acquaintances and even strangers to your club.

My White false shirt collar
As in previous post. Of course, the collar is real. The fake part is the illusion that a whole shirt is attached to the collar.

Gold Sandals
I wanted to wear white or black. But my feet have swollen in the heat. And my shoes have shrunk in the heat. 

I was in a hurry. So I opted for a neutral colour.

This pair has wide elastic around the ankle. This enables you to slide on the sandal. Eventually the elastic might go. Good enough for now for a photo.

Accessory
Welcome mat.

Hair in braids (US) or plaits (UK).

Useful Websites
https://www.toastmasters.org/shop/gifts/womens-apparel




Toastmasters Colours

About the author

(About the Author of this blog, Author Angela Lansbury)

BIOGRAPHY

Angela Lansbury B A Hons ACG ALB PM5 EH5 DL5 VC5 
The Author of several books, including  Etiquette For Every Occasion. Wedding Speeches & Toasts. How to be the Best Man. Quick Quotations. Who Said What When.

Blogs travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com

dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com

translateforfun.blogspot.com

Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Club Vice President Public Relations (VPPR), Previous President

Join BHA 1st Wednesday 7pm and 3rd Saturday 2 pm Singapore time 

Vice President Public Relations (VP PR) of Tampines Changkat Advanced;

Secretary of weekly online Singapore International Dynamic Toastmasters Speakers’ Club;

Member and past president of Harrovians toastmasters club, UK; Past member of HOD Toastmasters, London. Past member in Singapore of: Toastmasters Club of Singapore (TCS); Tiarel; and Senja Cashew.

More details from Toastmasters International find a club.

Regular attendee at annual Swanwick Writers’ School, England.

Regular attendee at annual Writers’ Holiday, Wales.

Contributor to poetry readings, and after tea courses on: Speaking On Radio To Promote Books; and Plots And Character.

Winner of many club and area speaking contests in the UK and Singapore.

Language advisor to Empire Toastmasters club in Indonesia.

Language and speech workshops in Singapore.

Speaker on radio and TV in England, Scotland, the USA, and Australia.

Compiler of a school course on public speaking for teachers to prepare pupils for school open days with attending ceremonies before government ministers, Singapore.

Former member of Harrow Writers’ Circle, London, and two writing groups in Singapore.

Angela is on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter. She would be delighted to link up with new friends.

I  also have a blog on comic poems.

 Please share links to your favourite posts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.