Cross-eyed character tee-shirt, with added orange accessories. Dress 315. Silly. Photo by Trevor Sharot.
The oranges items are all different shades. But my husband thought that was interesting. On my Samsung mobile phone I used the photo editing app to pasteurize. The white circle echoing the orange parasol worked well.
The Tee-Shirt
The tee-shirt is the basis of this outfit. I chose the orange skirt to match it. I could have chosen black or white. But I wanted something bright and jolly. The mouth of the character is a bow. The ears are applique, added, standing out from the base fabric. I cannot find it online. A lot of people just wear tee-shirts with jeans, when they could get many more outfits from one tee-shirt. The main lesson for you to copy is how to adapt a tee-shirt, even a discarded child's tee-shirt, or something daft, to create different effects.
The accessories are:
An orange cowgirl hat.
Order from party suppliers online, from Amazon.
The orange paper parasol is also ordered online. It was sent from China.
The Silk Skirt
The orange silk skirt is lined. The label says it is 100% silk and washable.
The Label
The label is :
La Vole Lactee. France
What does this mean? I turn detective.
La voie lactee comes up when I type it into Google. The translation is The Milky Way. La vole is translated as the fly or the water vole.
When I add clothing brand I get a Japanese company.
https://www.instagram.com/_lavoielactee/?hl=en
I looked inside for another label. Under the name label is the washing label, Washable Silk 100%. That is in English. So the garment was made or sold for the English speaking market.
The skirt has a zip down one side. The waist has shirred elastic at the back. Above the zip on the waistband are three buttons.
Skirt Loops
The skirt has two long loops inside so you can hang it up. Very handy. Better than folding it which makes creases. Enables you to see it hanging below a matching top.
Pockets
I was looking at the zip and discovered a pocket. I checked the other side. Yes, it has two pockets, one each side. What a lovely garment.
If I had realized it was so sophisticated I would have been afraid to wear it, to wear it out (meaning spoil it) on a day when I was not wearing it out (outdoors on a trip) but indoors, going nowhere.
It doesn't look that special in the photo. But now that I have inspected it, I feel really superior and sophisticated wearing it!
Joke tee-shirt reversed to black back.Dress 316. Sophisticated. Selfie by Angela.
Reversing A Tee-Shirt
Reverse the tee-shirt and wear the black back on the front for a different look. The plain black back is a more sophisticated look. You can hide the back with a jacket.
A black jacket would do for a funeral. Or a sophisticated evening event.
A white jacket would be lighter, jollier, more of a contrast with the black top. When you have a plain round neck, a false collar adds sophistication, looks more businesslike. White is more summery, more suitable for a daytime outing. White for a collar and a jacket is lovely, smart combination.
White Collar, False Shirt Front
You can buy several designs on ebay. You can have several styles of collar. Many colours. Black and white, plain or fancy lace. With or without embellishments and embroidery. Type in the words dickey and false collar.
Orange Heeled Sandals
The orange satin effect sandals have high black heels. The straps fasten at the side with small buckles.
The brand name is Dolcissimo. Made in Italy.
Inside Out Tee-Shirt Outfit 317
I tried it inside out. Perfect. I now have jolly orange without the silly face.
For a more sophisticated effect, if I wanted to wear it this way every time, I would add braid over the inside seam around the orange panel.
Dress of the Day 317. Inside out Orange Outfit with black. Selfie by Angela.
Useful Websites
About the Author Angela Lansbury
BIOGRAPHY
Angela Lansbury B A Hons ACG ALB PM5 EH5 DL5 VC5
The Author of several books, including: Etiquette For Every Occasion. Wedding Speeches & Toasts. How to be the Best Man. Quick Quotations. Who Said What When.
Blogs travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com
dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com
translateforfun.blogspot.com
Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Club Vice President Public Relations (VPPR), Previous President
Join BHA 1st Wednesday 7pm and 3rd Saturday 2 pm Singapore time
Vice President Public Relations (VP PR) of Tampines Changkat Advanced;
Secretary of weekly online Singapore International Dynamic Toastmasters Speakers’ Club;
Member and past president of Harrovians toastmasters club, UK; Past member of HOD Toastmasters, London. Past member in Singapore of: Toastmasters Club of Singapore (TCS); Tiarel; and Senja Cashew.
More details from Toastmasters International find a club.
Regular attendee at annual Swanwick Writers’ School, England.
Regular attendee at annual Writers’ Holiday, Wales.
Contributor to poetry readings, and after tea courses on: Speaking On Radio To Promote Books; and Plots And Character.
Winner of many club and area speaking contests in the UK and Singapore.
Language advisor to Empire Toastmasters club in Indonesia.
Language and speech workshops in Singapore.
Speaker on radio and TV in England, Scotland, the USA, and Australia.
Compiler of a school course on public speaking for teachers to prepare pupils for school open days with attending ceremonies before government ministers, Singapore.
Former member of Harrow Writers’ Circle, London, and two writing groups in Singapore.
Angela is on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter. She would be delighted to link up with new friends.
Please share links to your favourite posts.
Books by Angela Lansbury
How to be the best man. (Ward Lock / Cassell.)
Wedding Speeches and Toasts.(Ward Lock / Cassell.)
Unforgettable British Weekends.
Poetry Workshop Workbook.
The Tailor and the Spy. (Lulu.)
Larry The Talking Labrador. (Lulu.)
Writing Poetry for fun.
Quick Quotations
Who Said What When
Comments
Post a Comment