Angela Lansbury wearing a sunshine yellow pre-loved top, plus pyjama bottoms converted to s skirt. Dress of the day 327. Photo by Trevor Sharot.
The Lynchpin Lemon Yellow Top
The yellow top has short sleeves which are hidden under the white cape blazer. The yellow colour grows on you, especially when you add more yellow. It makes me happy.
Sunshine yellow, lemon yellow, with a turquoise green edging strip. The edging has tiny tubular green beads and the smallest sequins I have every seen in pearly white.
The label is hard to read. Could it be Cento x Cento? Cento is a small place in Italy.
Cento fashion house is Greek and has no garment anything like this.
Size 42.
I was thinking, what a pity there's no other label. Then I looked inside and found it. Cento x Cento.
When the garment is turned inside out, the reason for the turquoise effect is revealed. The base colour is blue, with green leaves overprinted.
The top is stretchy. 93% rayon, 7% elastic.
The Yellow Dickey
Filling in the neck, to hide bra straps, or cleavage, whatever, is another yellow rescued item. A 'Bossini kids' spaghetti strap top, size 110. I like the extra yellow, although in theory the blue edging could match my blue eyes.
The Yolk Yellow Skirt
The skirt is the pyjama bottoms of a pyjama set. The skirt was made by slitting pyjama bottoms up the central seam. I could pin the frill at the ankles so as not to clash with the edging of the top. However, I would not cut off the frill, or sew it down permanently, because I have the matching top.
I safety pinned the sides of the skirt so as to hide the shorter white petticoat with a lace hem.
Umbrella
The yellow umbrella has a yellow tulip head handle. Ideal for reciting Wordsworth's poem - no, wait a minute, that is daffodils. Anyway, it is a springtime theme umbrella. Jolly. Unusual. I love the handle. I had turned the umbrella to hide the black Velcro fastener, on our first take of this shot. By take three I had forgotten.
The umbrella is also with dress 284.
Footwear - Yellow Crocs
A discontinued pair of yellow Crocs but I think they have reissued this or a similar yellow pair.
Useful Websites
White cape blazer, label White Bird, large
Disney Princess Pyjamas
Yellow umbrella
Tulip handle Umbrella
Cento Searches Reveal:
Crocs and Similar Design shoes sold worldwide.
Company in the USA. Described in more detail in other posts on this blog.
Cheaper in the UK than in Singapore.
About the Author Angela Lansbury
BIOGRAPHY
Angela Lansbury B A Hons ACG ALB PM5 EH5 DL5 VC5
The Author of several books including Etiquette For Every Occasion. Wedding Speeches & Toasts. How to be the Best Man. Quick Quotations. Who Said What When.
Blogs travelwithangelalansbury.blogspot.com
dressofthedayangela.blogspot.com
translateforfun.blogspot.com
Braddell Heights Advanced Toastmasters Speakers Club Vice President Public Relations (VPPR), Previous President
Join BHA 1st Wednesday 7pm and 3rd Saturday 2 pm Singapore time
Vice President Public Relations (VP PR) of Tampines Changkat Advanced;
Secretary of weekly online Singapore International Dynamic Toastmasters Speakers’ Club;
Member and past president of Harrovians toastmasters club, UK; Past member of HOD Toastmasters, London. Past member in Singapore of: Toastmasters Club of Singapore (TCS); Tiarel; and Senja Cashew.
More details from Toastmasters International find a club.
Regular attendee at annual Swanwick Writers’ School, England.
Regular attendee at annual Writers’ Holiday, Wales.
Contributor to poetry readings, and after tea courses on: Speaking On Radio To Promote Books; and Plots And Character.
Winner of many club and area speaking contests in the UK and Singapore.
Language advisor to Empire Toastmasters club in Indonesia.
Language and speech workshops in Singapore.
Speaker on radio and TV in England, Scotland, the USA, and Australia.
Compiler of a school course on public speaking for teachers to prepare pupils for school open days with attending ceremonies before government ministers, Singapore.
Former member of Harrow Writers’ Circle, London, and two writing groups in Singapore.
Angela is on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter. She would be delighted to link up with new friends.
Please share links to your favourite posts.
Comments
Post a Comment