Red Nighty from Mustafa Centre, dress 369 (view a) a bargain! (With black underskirt and dickey.)

 

Angela wearing red nighty from Mustafa Centre. Selfie photo by Angela Lansbury.

Photo taken indoors in cubicle of Mustafa Centre Basement 2. Bargain of the week. Only Singapore $7.90. I had seen long skirts and dresses for ten dollars and twelve dollars in the Indian shops in little India walking along Serangoon Road from the Little India MRT station to Mustafa's. 

I was right to wait and check out the styles and prices in Mustafa Centre. These nighties were just what I wanted. Loose, light weight dresses which I could wear around the house.

I tried them on in the changing room and took pictures to see if they suited me, the colours and the styles. I was delighted. I bought both the red and the blue.

Payment
The 24 hour department store takes credit cards. You don't have to remember your password any longer. That's a blessing for people like me who cannot remember a password. A sign at the cashier's desk said they will also give you cashback, which Fairprice supermarket declined to do.

Most so-called nighties and pyjamas are dreadful old-fashioned styles and patterns.  

I am wearing a black petticoat - bought from Mustafa's on a previous occasion, and a black dickey. I tried the dress or nighty on top.

Currency Conversion
The store assistant in the shoe department was unable to translate into UK currency, though I am sure the gold department could have done so. When I got home, I went online and got the results:

The dress price of 7.90 Sing dollars in British pounds sterling is only 4 pounds forty five pence (16 April 2022), rounded up slightly that would be four pounds fifty pence.

I knew I had a bargain. Checking the pound price was just for my interest. If not over-spending really matters to you when shopping overseas, check an official website and compare two websites. You should also check the buying and selling prices for your home currency. (Or gold when buying jewellery.)

If I were doing a big shop, I would write out the day's conversion table, or print it off, so that I could price every item I looked at. I used to do this my first day on holiday in another country.

Useful Websites
Mustafa Centre

Currency conversion


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.