Matthew Williamson Pink and blue geometric dress 370 with short, black, lace sleeves, dress 369
Angela Lansbury in pink and blue dress by Matthew Williamson. Photograph by Trevor Sharot.
I added a pink ribbon belt tied in a bow at the side, pink pointy-toe platform shoes and a hat with a large pink brim. I carried my pink 2022 diary. The belt is not needed. It is simply to enhance the colour pink. I could do another picture with a blue belt, blue shoes and a blue hat, or black.
The dress number is mine, numbered sequentially, so I can locate the pictures of dresses which otherwise might all be listed similarly by colour as the red dress or the pink dress.
Style
The dress is small, UK size 8. The style has three figure-hugging bands, from the neck to the waist, with a zip at the centre back, from the waist to the hips and from the hips to the hem.
I am pointing to a pink pot-grown orchid.
Fabric and Washing
The fabric feels thick and soft. It is 94% viscose, 6% elastane. The lace contrast cap sleeves are 69% cotton and 31% Nylon.
I was disappointed to read that the label says do not machines wash, tumble dry or iron, nor bleach. In the humid tropics of Singapore you need to wash clothes which sit next to your skin every four hours, or at least every day. The dress is a bit tight for me to wear a slip or vest underneath.
I shall probably wash it, or rinse it, in cold water. At least I shall have had one day's wear and selfie photos. What usually happens if you ignore the manufacturer's instructions?
They may just put that on the label to cover themselves against mishaps and abuse. So that if you ruin the dress in the wash they can claim you weren't suppose to wash it.
Equally likely, if two fabrics are used, as here, in the lace sleeves and the viscose body, the two fabrics might shrink at a different rate. That could leave the sleeves too small or too big, or puckered along the seams.
The garment might also not be colour fast. It could damage other clothes. And the pattern could run.
The elastic could break down, go rigid, or disintegrate.
The delicate lace could get torn by the shaking in the machine. Or snag on other clothes or machine parts.
The thread sewing together the garment, or edging the seams, or adding the sleeves, might shrink at a different rate to the rest of the garment. The result could be puckering, or snapping.
Matthew Williamson
Photo from Wikipedia.Matthew Williamson studied in the UK and progressed from clothes to doing fabrics and furnishing for the UK's John Lewis department stores. He has won several awards.
Watch
My blue and red waterproof watch is the brand Takane. It costs somewhere between 25 and 35 Singapore dollars.
Useful Websites
https://www.facebook.com/WorldofMatthewWilliamson/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Williamson
https://matthewwilliamson.com/
Lots of tops, dresses and bikinis, second hand, collection brand Butterfly, from
Pink Diary from the UK
www.tallon.co.uk


Comments
Post a Comment