Swimsuit with attached cap 297 (b), Smart, secure, safe, suitcase-friendly

 


This is my preferred swimsuit. Why? Because it has an attached cap. 

Why Attached Caps?
I don't buy them to protect my hair and neck for religious reasons. Firstly, I am protected from sunburn and mosquitos. A friend of mine has just come down with dengue in Singapore.

A cap which is attached is so convenient. I remember getting half way downstairs in a lift (Americans say elevator) and realizing I had forgotten my swim cap. They are obligatory in our local pool? Why? 

Not because stray hairs are unsightly or could spread disease. For practical pool problem prevention. To prevent hairs blocking the drains and pump. 

Swimming hats For Safety

Keeping your long hair out of the way is also a safety issue. In London, UK, a girl in a Jacuzzi leaned back and her long hair got caught in the sucking in a vent. She was pulled down and trapped underwater. The life guard ran over and kept her alive by giving her mouth to mouth oxygen underwater - for several minutes, until somebody could arrive with scissors from the nearby office.

I can pack my combines swimsuit and cap for a holiday. No need to wonder whether I have a matching swimming cap and whether I remembered to pack it. No need to hunt through the suitcase to find it in a hurry on arrival when you want to swim in a hurry before the pool closes, or the light fades, or the family wants to go for a meal, breakfast or lunch or tea or dinner. No need to look for it in the hotel bathroom next day. Where did you hand the cap to dry - on the balcony or in the bathroom or in the wardrobe (Americans say closet). You are, as the Americans say, good to go. (The Brits say ready to go.)

You might also find the attached cap useful to keep sun and insects off your neck. Or to anchor your swimming hat. 

An alternative is to buy a swimming cap with a secure strap fastening under the chin which is sold to surfers. I have seen these in back, grey, pink and green.



The visor
I like a visor when I am swimming into the sun. It is dangerous to shut your eyes. You might collide with another swimmer. (Or swim into the deep end.) 

You also don't want to frown and get frown lines and headaches and possible eye damage. A brim is the thing. 

You can buy see through visors. I wear any visor which is just a brim, and no cap, so long as it is adjustable and tight enough not to fall off, but sits securely. Nobody has yet told me it is not suitable swim attire. If the proper swim brims are expensive, any cheap plastic brim cap with or without a crown will do.

Visor With or Without A Crown?
Why without a crown? Less to get wet. More compact to carry. Allows your headgear to show if it matches or is part of the swimsuit.

The Towelling Bathrobe
This saves you having to pack both a towel and a cover-up. Some restaurants beside pools in clubs or hotels won't let you sit to eat in a swimsuit.

I sew a zip on a wraparound towelling robe. Less flapping around. Better in a lift. (Americans say elevator.)

Crocs And 2Surf Sandals

Amazon
Ebay
The 2Surf and Croc items I bought were about 
twenty UK pounds sterling. 

Selfie photo by Angela


Visor
Angela Lansbury wearing beige visor for walking and swimming. Selfie photo.



SWIMSUIT WITH CAP ATTACHED
The black and pink skirted swimsuit I bought with a built in attached swimming hat cost me about 20 US dollars.


It took about 30 days to go from China to Singapore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.