Green Eyelet top, dresses and clothes; Label Nutmeg from Morrisons. Dress of the day 416.

Green eyelet top in Morrisons. Photo by Angela Lansbury.
 

A green eyelet top caught my eye in Morrisons. I took a photo of it. 

I did the shopping for what was on my list. I bought an extra item, hemming tape, iron on hemming tape. I thought, why bother adapting your old clothes, when you can buy something just right, off the shelf.

At the exit, I thought, let me look at that photo of the green top. I went back and looked again. 

 I could see the items hanging on the hangers and one looked longer. I took it off the rack. 

Which Garment Did I Buy And Why?

I liked the garments either side of the green top. But when I held up my hand against the one on the right, I did not like it. The pattern was busy. The colours were muted. 

The solid green top against my pale brown slightly suntanned skin looked stunning. Irresistible. Besides, it was broderie anglaise, as we used to say in London, England, now known worldwide as eyelet (which is confusing because if you search for eyelet you get lots of shoes with metal edged holes). Never mind. Whatever you call it, I love it. Especially the way it has a revealing peek a boo effect over another colour.

Which Size Did I Buy And Why?

I bought size 22, much too large, as I am size 10 to 12. But I wanted the longer garment.

What use is the longer garment? It makes me look taller. Less trouble trying to match the skirt as the eye stays above waist level. If I want more material for a headband or a belt or choker or cravat, I might be able to cut some off the hem or take in the seams at the side.

Morrisons

Morrisons is a British supermarket.

Other supermarkets deliver overseas

Useful Websites

Tesco:

https://www.tescoplc.com/news/2011/tesco-launches-international-delivery-service-for-online-clothing/

Asda:

https://asda.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail_grow/a_id/2075/~/can-i-order-items-for-delivery-outside-the-uk

Morrisons

https://my.morrisons.com/storefinder/299

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A