Pink Eyelet (Broderie anglaise) outfit, dress of the day 422

Photo by Trevor Sharot.

The Pink Top

Pink eyelet sleeveless top from eBay,  Papaya, size 8. Lined, Tiny pink button fastens small same fabric loop, in keyhole upright oval opening at back of neck. Diagonal bust darts. Made in India. Spare small button on the washing label. Plain fabric without eyelets at the back. The lining finishes a few inches above the scalloped hem to create the see through holes. Matalan Retail Ltd. 

Wrap skirt

I wore it with the corners tied in a double knot. The resulting diagonal draping at the side is a bit bulky and would stick out under a long jacket or thin, summer raincoat. Knotting works only on a thin fabric. 

Pink tape ties (known as red tape) should be added with safety pins or a brooch, for a quick trip to the shops, later sewn on.

From a pink scarf. Dark turquoise, silky feel, shiny satin-look edging. Made in India. 100% cotton. Label brand Boden. Possibly bought from a charity shop in the UK. Worn over a half slip in case it comes apart or gaps. 

Often I put on the outfit, then when everything is matched, I take a photo and type up the details. I have to take off each garment and inspect for labels. Today I looked at the labels before putting on the garment. 

 White camisole from M and S. 

Pink Shoes

Pink and blue shoes, similar to Crocs, from 2Surf, bought from Amazon for about 20 US dollars.

White lace hem slip

Half length white slip with lace hem. A broderie Anglaise or eyelet hem would be even better for co-ordinating and giving a neat matching effect.

Rain and Umbrella

Then it started raining, so I had to postpone taking the photo outdoors against pink roses. I also needed a pink matching umbrella. I could make do with red or a purple. Or white. Afterthought, what about turquoise!

 Then I found a white umbrella. The two symbols are advertising Food Network UK.

White Umbrella

White folding umbrella. Automatic. Stiff to open and close.

Underclothes And Support

The white 'sleep bra' is unseen but what can be seen is that it is not providing sufficient support. I need to shorten the straps, notably the one on my left, the right of the photo. Not only because I am sagging from age and having breastfed a baby and from losing weight. Also, because I have a broken collar bone from a road traffic accident. (I was knocked down by a car in Corsica in 1984). So I stand and hang lop-sidedly. I look a lot more shapely in the next outfit which I wore with an underwired bra. See my next post.

White Cape Blazer

The blazer has no fastening. Very good for showing your undergarment. With the arms free except on the shoulders, you can move freely, have your arms cool in hot weather, or show off the sleeve colour and pattern and style of a blouse.

The size 8 fits my shoulders but leaves a big gap in the middle and falls off my shoulders. I have a broken collar bone from years ago, 1984, in a road traffic accent, when I was knocked down by a car in Corsica on a press trip for Brides magazine.

Missguided. UK Size 8. Lined. Made in China. Machine washable. (But I would wash by hand.) 


Useful Websites

Boden (Large edged pink Scarf which I converted into a skirt)

https://www.boden.co.uk / (Delivers worldwide)

eBay (new and second hand eyelet tops, skirts, dresses)

Marks & Spencer (white camisole)

https://www.marksandspencer.com/

Matalan (supplied the pink top)

https://www.matalan.co.uk/shop-sale/shop-all-sale

Papaya (pink top brand)

https://www.papayaclothing.com/

Clog type footwear

https://www.schuh.co.uk/sale/

/www.schuh.co.uk/accessories/shoe-accessories/shoe-charms/crocs-classic-clog-white-white-shoe-charms/7702461060/?affiliate_source=AW&camp

2 Surf pink clogs with flexible blue convertible strap

From Shein similar only about five pounds sterling

This one without a strap:

www.shein.co.uk

https://www.shein.co.uk/Minimalist-Hollow-Out-Vent-Clogs

Cape Blazers

Shein and many others. I have bought BeJealous, Boohoo, Mango.

Missguided

https://www.missguided.co.uk/clothing/blazers

Comments

  1. cheap Birkenstock UK. The BIRKENSTOCK Siena boasts a refined appearance. Crossed straps give the sandal its unique and special look. The Big Buckle version features a large, elegant pin buckle – a fantastic, striking eye-catcher on this otherwise understated sandal. The lining of the semi-exquisite footbed is covered with soft smooth leather and matches the shoe in color. The upper is made from extra thick, oiled nubuck leather with an open-selvage finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A