438 Dogged dresser, dressed in dog theme blouse. Dress of the day 438

 

Angela Lansbury in dog theme blouse. Photo by Sharot family.

A year ago I would not have bought a blouse or any garment featuring dogs. I would be afraid that dog lovers would approach me and ask, 'Do you have a dog?' When I admitted that I didn't, they might lose interest, or feel that I was misleading them, pretending to be an animal lover when I was not.  (My excuse being that I travel too much to own pets.) The conversation might simply go nowhere, or a potentially friendly conversation might come to a halt.

However, my sheep pictures with the sheep apron is one of my favourites. I wear my sheep apron every day. Nobody asks me if I keep sheep. If anybody asks me if I have a dog, I shall reply, 'I shall answer that tomorrow' when I wear my dress with the elephant, my jacket with the giraffes, and my hat with the eagle'. 


Blouse
Dog theme. Bought from St Luke's charity shop.
Cuffs, seamed, with no opening nor buttons.
Label, brand Tu, size 14.
Tu means you in French, and is Sainsbury's (UK supermarkets) clothing brand.
100% polyester. Made in Vietnam.

Sandals 
Sandals by Hotter. See previous post.

Pink Slip
Pierre Cardin
See previous post.

Short Black Skirt
Short kick slit in the centre back. No brand label. The washing label says, hand wash, cold water, cool iron, do not dry clean, style 4301, made in USA, size small  cut 2677. It has two very long hanging straps.

Nail Varnish
White. An old, dried out, thick paste varnish, was thinned, using nail varnish thinner.

I shall add a picture of me in this outfit with toy dogs later.

Useful Websites
St Lukes

Charity Shops
Dog Breeds
Blouses featuring dogs
tu
this post dress 438 blouse with dogs pattern
See later post 557 orange collar of blouse
Please share links to your favourite blog posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.