Pineapple Pattern Pyjamas, (outfit 441), converted into a trouser suit by adding what?

 

Pineapple Pyjamas by Damart. Selfie photo by Angela Lansbury.

Almost invisible are the five pretty, pearly buttons, in an unusual flower shape with six scalloped petals. Each button has two holes for sewing. One pocket. Pattern, yellow pineapples, green leaves, green background dots on white background. Green edging on collar, placket and pocket (not on sleeves). The label has soft edges.

The washing label says 100 % cotton, keep away from fire, wash similar colours together, Large.. hand wash at 40 degrees, do not tumble dry, iron on two dots temperature, 

The Pineapple Pattern

I love the pineapple pattern.  It makes a change from flowers. I am tired of flower pattern pyjamas. 

Cartoons and brand names and pictures of toys and bears look like I am a 5 year old, or in my second childhood. Or a teenager. Or a college student.

I want something sophisticated, oriental, a summery pattern because of the short-sleeves, meaning the outfit is to wear on holiday, in summer, in a hot country, or the tropics. Pineapples suggest Hawaii. A fresh smell. An image for dreams. Not fighting lions. Something calm. Pineapples. Perfect.

Pocket

The pocket is the perfect shape. Rounded. No corners to catch dirt nor difficult to remove fluff. Can I suggest any improvement? Yes. I hate single pockets. They create a lopsided look. I prefer symmetry.

Blue Belt

I wore it with a blue belt by Jacques Vert in the hope that this made the outfit look like trouser suit rather than pyjamas. 

The belt says leather, made in England, size Large, Lining vinyl. The big, bold buckle is gilt-edged with a turquoise blue-green enamel insert in the semi-circle of the buckle, and a matching smaller metal loop to catch the end and keep it in place.

Bought from St Luke's charity shop, N W London, England, UK.


Follow Angela to find
beautiful bargains
bargains galore, sales pages online
brands and labels
colourful clothes

DIY Dresses
DIY dress, made from top and shorts, orange and green, with orange accessories. Dress of the day 13

Useful websites
Damart
https://www.damart.co.uk/

Animal Pattern - elephants and giraffes mixed animals 15.99 pounds sterling from Shein
Pyjamas
Pineapple patterns
From Shein Pineapple pyjamas with eye shade about ten pounds in July 2022
From Shein
 two pineapple theme styles for winter
St Luke's charity shops in NW London raising money for hospices

Pineapple history

Angela's Websites to follow and posts to read

Please pick your favourite posts by Angela Lansbury and share links with your family and friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.