At a pinch - a size 8 dress! Red dress of the day 436, Divided by H & M.


Angela Lansbury is wearing a red  size 8 dress, label Divided, by H &M. Selfie photo by Angela Lansbury.


 I never though I would get into this dress. The label says size 8. It is weeny. 

It looked short. Never mind. 

The Petticoat

My white Laura Ashley petticoat with the pretty lacey crochet hem covers me up nicely. The white is a contrast with the red. Critics call it the blood and bandages look.

Confession time. The zip has not done up at the back. Only half way up. What can I do? I can go back to the diet. 

I had considered cutting off the top half and slitting the sides to make a dickey (misleadingly also called a false front, when the front is real but the rest of the garment is missing).

 I also considered reversing the dress and wearing it open, like a jacket. I could remove the zip and slit the seam below. 

But the see-through effect at the neck is then low at the back. At the front the fabric sits high, which might feel tight across the lower neck. 

No need. I can wear it the right way round, but with the zip not done up all the way to the top, under a jacket. That way nobody will know the dress is open at the back. Except me. And you.

The Bra

The bra is not helping. 

The Hat

My hair looked a bit untidy. I need something to smarten up the effect. How about a hat! 

H & M

Divided

The label shows the word divided with a line though it. Divided. Very clever. Not sure what it means. Divided into tops and bottoms or from their other ranges?

When I googled what is divided I saw somebody said that it was a kind of Junion Miss brand at a lower price with bright colours and funky patterns and not necessarily made to the higher standard of their other clothes. That explains the small size. When I want back and re-read the seller's post, I saw that it was his daughter's dress. Now you know. I remember when I was a size eight.

The Photo Set Up 

My earlier photo with the pink dress outdoors was taken with a mobile phone held at arm's length, not showing the hem of the skirt. How could I fix this, indoors, with the phone balanced on a work surface? 

The Phone Angle

I tilted my phone this way and that. I tried balancing it on the ring at the back. I tried leaning it against a jar. I set the timer and ran into position. But I was standing too low. 

The Red Step Stool

What to stand on? A chair? No, the step stool. 

It's red! Just the thing.

Having set the timer to two second I needed a fast gallop and leap onto the step stool. I hope you like the result. 

Useful Websites

eBay

cBay.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%26M

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Ashley


Laura Ashley dresses at the Fashion Museum, Bath. Wikipedia.

https://www.fashionmuseum.co.uk/

Please save and bookmark your favourite posts and share links with your family and friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury