Dogged, dog-eared, dog puppet, dog toy, dog pattern blouse, dress of the day 438, 440
Angela Lansbury wearing dog pattern blouse with dog puppets. Photo by Sharot Family.
I was so pleased with my sheep picture, where I am wearing an apron showing sheep, and added a sheep puppet and sheep night dress case, that as soon as I saw a dog themed pattern on a blouse in a shop I decided to copy the image of multiple dogs.
The Sheep picture which inspired my dog picture. Photo by Trevor Sharot.
Dog Puppets And Toys
A look, a rummage, though my tote bags of puppets and displays of soft toys produced three dogs. A dog puppet. A small dog toy. A large soft toy dog.
At first I just held all three in my arms. Then I thought, if the puppet dog is a puppet, I should wear it on my hand.
I held it out sideways, as I would hold out my hand welcomingly, if not wearing a puppet. That had the effective effect of making it look as if the puppet is peering out.
Oops, my shoes don't match. No time to change - we are going out to a barbecue. I shall hide the shoes by putting the big puppet down over my feet.
I said to my son, 'My face looks dreadful in this picture. Wrinkled and baggy-eyed.'
My son retorted, consolingly, "Nobody will be looking at your face. They are looking at the dogs."
I love the contrast of the top two dogs. The sad, lugubrious expression of the one on the right of the picture contrast with the enthusiasm and chirpiness of the dog on the left of the picture.
If I were to re-take this picture, I would face forwards. I would turn the head of the dog on the ground to face forwards.
The Dogs on the Blouse
Dog pattern on blouse. Photo by Angela Lansbury. What can we see, which dogs? First, the spotted Dalmations, like in the Disney film of the book, 101 Dalmations. They are facing right, and left.
Secondly, I see a cocker Spaniel. Again, facing right and left. Lots more black hair.
Thirdly, I see a seated bulldog. Again, right and left.
Fourthly, I see a short-legged dachsund. Right and left. Easy to identify.
The fifth dog which I see is a large white dog. It is not a greyhound. A greyhound has a narrow face. What is this?
Finally, maybe a mongrel. Six types of dogs. But with the reversals left and right, 12 pictures of different dogs. Quite a crowd.
Blouse Style
The blouse has seven buttons, red, with four holes. The cotton makes two parallel lines across the buttons. Both the buttons and the buttonholes are on plackets, strips of vertical material which reinforce.
The sleeves are long. The area joining the body of the blouse is large, to fit any size of arm and allow free movement.
The cuff has no buttons, nothing to come undone untidily, nothing needing to do up. A practical blouse.
Being polyester, it does not crease, or get dirty. The label at the neck forms a loop to hand it up to dry, or hand it up on holiday from a hook, or the central hook of a hanger holding another garment when short of hangers.
As an afterthought, I checked on some dog types. Instead of doing an image search, I simply googled identify dogs. The squashed nose dog could be a pug, according to one of the websites I have listed below.
What caption or comment would you like to add? Just thinking about the word dog I came up with: Dog-eared, dog-tired, every dog has its day, let sleeping dogs lie, doggone, doggerel.
Useful Websites
See my previous post on the dog blouse, 438.
Theme Blouses
Dog Puppets
Set of 2 dog hand puppets
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06ZZHPZQ3/ref=sspa_dk_detail
Soft toy dog (the word search 'dog toy' brings up rubber bones for dogs)
Identifying Dog Breeds
https://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/profiles
Useful Websites
St Lukes
Charity Shops
Dog Breeds
Blouses featuring dogs
Tu
this post dress 438 blouse with dogs pattern
See later post 557 orange collar of blouse
See also post 438.
Animal theme (and bird and insect theme) outfits include (alphabetically)
bear 485
butterfly
dogs 440
eagle 439
elephants
giraffes
rams with antlers 429
sheep 418.



Comments
Post a Comment