Eye, Aye, Eyelet: Three eyelet outfits: red skirt, white top, mustard blouse-jacket. The perfect peasant outfit. 430
Angela Lansbury wearing three eyelet items. Photo by Trevor Sharot.
All bought from eBay.
Red Skirt
Marks & Spencer eyelet skirt. The lining is red, so you don't notice the eyelets at a distance.
Size Alteration
Size 16. I am now a size 10-12. It felt loose, slipping. I sewed it up at the waist for about an inch across the top at both side seams. I used red cotton to match.
White Top
The white top is eyelet.
Mustard Yellow blouse
Primark. Small pearl buttons.
White Slip With Lace Hem
The half slip label is Laura Ashley.
Red Belt
A red belt would have connected the red bow in my hair with the red sandals.
Mother of Pearl Pendant
I wanted to wear a large pendant to be seen at a distance. The mother of pearl looks classy. The colour goes with anything. With this outfit, red would have been better.
My husband liked the outfit. However, I got a negative reaction when we were about to go out for dinner in a smart Italian restaurant.
I asked, "I this outfit all right for dinner?"
He responded, "No. It's too peasanty."
Perfect for a peasant look. In the daytime. But not dressy enough for dinner.
If you want to copy this look, or find out more about the suppliers, here are some useful websites.
Websites
eBay - Secrets of Effective Word Searching
My first search for eyelet clothes on ebay, I tried the word eyelet, brought up brass eyelets. Eyelets on their own and with hole punches.
My second attempt, when I typed in broderie anglaise I got lots of eyelet outfits. Success. Too much success. Babies outfits and girls' outfits and women's outfits. Many outfits. Many pages.
I saw so many that I shortened my search third time around by ordering the results, low price plus postage to high. That search specification brought up eyelet fabric by the metre first.
My fourth search for red eyelet brought up curtains.
Finally, my fifth searches for eyelet clothing, narrowed down to eyelet dress and eyelet top and eyelet skirt produced the items which I bid on and bought.
Primark
From Ireland, a multi-national business, with affordable clothing.
Useful Websites

Comments
Post a Comment