In the Pink with a Pretty Pale Pink Eyelet Dress 435 - sold by other sellers at twice the price!

 



Angela Lansbury in the pink, wearing a pale pink eyelet dress, dress of the day 435. Selfie Photo by Angela Lansbury.
Background

I chose a background of dark pink roses to match, or complement, the pale pink dress.
The dress looks a bit shapeless, a shift dress. But at least it fits. A bra with more uplift might look better. Perhaps a belt at the back.
(My other purchase of a wrong size dress, which is a rival, small, size eight dress, is waiting, untouched, on a chair, as if watching me, challenging me to dare to try it on.)

The Dress
The dress is size 16. The style is neat - it has a zip in the back. The sleeves are bell sleeves. It is lined, except for the sleeves and a band around the waist. The lining end a short way above the hem so you get a slight see-through effect at hem level.

The brand is Studio. The washing label says Sudio Retail Ltd BB5 4EE. Made in China. Shell 100% cotton. Lining 100% polyester exclusive of trims.

Their website has their brand and other brands of clothes. As often happens, when I tried to search for using the word eyelet I got lots of curtains, so I tried broderie anglaise.
I have seen two more for sale in the pink colour. One is described as crochet, knee length A line and short sleeved. A third in green is much more expensive asking price, about twenty pounds.

I bought it on eBay. I hunted for eyelet dresses.
I was the only bidder. So I won it at 1.69 and 3.50 shipping.
It looks very straight up and down in the picture. The more expensive one looks much more fitted, on a model - I wonder if it is pulled in at the back.

Useful Websites
eBay

Same as mine, in green  a penny less than 25 pounds, with free shipping, shown on a dress form (mannequin)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325240444831?

Studio
Lots of pink dresses and a clearance page
The same dress as mine, pink, shown on a seller's hanger, looks straight, bidding, with no bids as yet, at the same bargain price.



Same dress as mine, in pink, also size 16, shown on a dress form, a penny under twenty five pounds, free shipping. New without tags.

Here is the pink dress, worn successfully to lunch with the family.
Angela Lansbury wearing Pink Eyelet Dress 435, with pink half slip. Photo by Sharot Family.
 

Pink Half Slip
Pierre Cardin, London, Paris. Made in United Kindgom. 100% polyester. Two wide horizontal bands of lace. A border of braid depth scalloped tiny pattern imitation lace. Soft silky feel to the fabric and the inserts. Hand wash. Cool (one dot) iron.

Sandals
Both front straps are hook and loop, which I call Velcro, which is the brand name of the inventor's company. The sandal's back strap fastens behind the ankle with a buckle. Colour cream. Brand Hotter. Small triangular gold colour insets. Style Easy.  Size UK 5 and a half. Standard fit. (As opposed to extra wide, sometimes called E, or EE, or EEE meaning extra extra wide.) Although my feet are wide a standard sandal will fit me because of the expanding hook and loop. 

All in all, a good dress. I am wearing it holding in the waist to take in the extra fabric and enhance the fit and my figure. I am not pleased as Punch but pleased as pink. Pleased as pale pink. (As opposed to riotous red.) I am in the pink.

Useful Websites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.