My first post was on the butterfly caftan dress. No need to number it. I had no plans to do any more until I got dozens of likes on Facebook, and captions.
I began listing dress of the day in numerical order from the first dress, the one with the butterfly, onwards, after it became clear that people were saying, 'I liked the red dress - where did you get it?', when I had posts on two different red dresses. If only I had started on January the first, the first 30 outfits would have corresponded to the dates.
How To Number Updates?
The next decision to be made was what to do about updates. Should I update the original posting, or write a new one? When I revised and updated yesterday's post by adding the website of a supplier, I simply updated the information without saying I had done so. Occasionally, I would add a footnote, 'Updated on ... (date)'. For example, I would mention that the information was updated if I reported briefly and importantly that a company had closed down or changed its name.
If I substantially revised a post, adding much more detail, then I decided to cmopy or cut and write a new post. After all, that is what you would do in a diary. You might update a phone number. However, if you had a lot to say, your previous page would be full and you would start a new shopping list or entry on today's date.
At first, I tried adding the letter b to the second post's number. I went back and re-named the first post with the letter a.
In theory, a blog is a daily log, so the new information should be a new blog post. If you think it is necessary, you can write on an earlier post: 'See later post on date ... on this subject.'
Now I have so many posts that the number is not enough. I need an index by subject. Since this post is about more than one outfit, I have called it outfits instead of dress of the day, or dresses of the day. Okay, let's start. I shall cover animals, colours, companies, filling in extra information on my 400 posts, not at once - it is taking so long - but at intervals through the day over a week, so you can come back for updates.
ANIMAL THEMES
Animal themes (and bird and insect themes) outfits include (alphabetically)
Bear
Bear dress of the Day 485
Butterfly
Butterfly caftan 1; 401 blue butterfly top from Cyprus
Cat
0range outfit. Dress of the Day 262. White Jacques Vert Blouse. Orange Josef Seibel sandals. Cat and mouse painting.
Dogs
440 dog blouse pattern, Tu, and hand puppet, and two toy soft dogs,
Eagle
Eagle USA hat 439
Elephants
Dress 2
Fish
Dress 36 DIY dress, made from scarf with pink fish.
Dress 180 Orange top and orange skirt, with pattern of fish, fishing for compliments.
Giraffes
Giraffes on green 9
Mouse
0range outfit. Dress of the Day 262. White Jacques Vert Blouse. Orange Josef Seibel sandals. Cat and mouse painting.
Burgundy Micky Mouse burgundy with white Dress 384/241.
Rams
Rams with antlers on umbrella 429
Seahorses
Seahorses 13
Sheep
418 apron, hand puppet, night dress case.
Useful Websites
Angela Lansbury wearing seahorse pattern DIY dress, made from top and shorts, orange and green, with orange accessories. Dress of the day 13. Photo by Trevor Sharot.
PLANTS, PLACES, SCENERY, EARTH & HEAVENS
Flowers - Dress of the Day 27; 402 flowers Cyprus blue dress
moon and stars - Dress of the day - or night, number 6.

Plants
palm trees
pineapples 441
seaside
map hat from Cyprus
COLOURS
Red
Red, label Roman, dress 434
Orange
0range outfit. Dress of the Day 262. White Jacques Vert Blouse. Orange Josef Seibel sandals. Cat and mouse painting.
Yellow
Green/turquoise
Seahorse DIY dress, made from top and shorts, orange seahorses and green background, with orange accessories. Dress of the day 13
Lime green eyelet dress, 421
Primark lime green night dress
Pineapple
Blue
Blue Background
Dress of the Day 14. Royal blue mushrooms. Not mush room. Captions please.
11You, Murt O Suilleabhain, Patricia Ann Hoyt and 8 others
blue eyelet top 428
Indigo
Violet/purple/lavender
Black
White
Brown
Gray/grey
Mixed - Rainbow, Dress of the Day 15
Pink - Pink eyelet dress 435, with pink hair band
DIY DRESSES & BELTS
DIY dress, made from top and shorts, orange and green, with orange accessories. Dress of the Day 13
Dress of the day
fun outfits, fun photos
fashion for seniors
recycling, repairing and resizing clothes
photo tips for selfies
seasonal clothes
ACCESSORIES
Bags
Belts and buckles
Books, notebooks
Crockery, cups, saucers, plates
hats/caps/baseball caps.Sunhats, fold up hats.
jackets/cape blazers
necklaces and pendants
Paintings
Plants plastic, dried
Plants
Puppets, hand
Pockets
Shoes, sandals,boots, high heels, flip flops, Velcro/hook and loop, touch and close,
Umbrellas
rams with antlers on umbrella
toys, soft
Scenery (background and foreground behind Angela
Scenery on clothes: seaside
Balcony
car
Chair
curtain
desk
Flowers and plants: bushes & hedges, holly, orchids, roses, tree(s)
Garden
Kitchen
Sheep
Lounge/living room
seaside
Sofa
Step stool
Swimming pool
Table and tablecloth
Fabrics
crochet
eyelet/broderie anglaise: red; white; green top from Morrisons
lace
leather Jacques Vert Belt in turquoise
Nosilife anti-mosquito fabric
silk - Patra label, Thai silk
straw/imitation straw : Panama hat advertising Brazil
Fasteners
buckles - Jacques Vert belt
buttons
pickpocket proof
snap fasteners on Cowgirl/cowboy shirts
Velcro red sandals
zips - security pockets in Craghoppers and Pickpocket proof clothing
Hats
Folding hats
Angela wearing a folding hat in Cyprus.
Sun protection
Brands include Home Prefer and Sun Cube on Amazon.
Travel Wear
reversible dresses
extending/convertible shorts to trousers (in the USA called pants)
Bags
beach bag advertising Brazil
Boots
silver, heeled boots
Brands (clothing)
Ann Balon
Anthony Sicari
Comfy Clothes (UK. Outsize clothes. Closed. Only available as vintage, rare.)
Marks & Spencer
Nightingales
Patra (silk, cotton, bamboo)
Tu (Sainsbury)
Brands (sandals, shoes, boots)
SOURCES
Charity Shops UK: Barnados, Cancer Research, Oxfam, St Luke's
Department Stores: Mustafa's store in Singapore
St Luke's has numerous shops in NW London, including Hatch End, near Tesco Express.
Online on ebay, a few tee shirts and dresses and lots of sterling silver pendants, ear-rings and other items with prices starting at five pounds and going up to over fifty, plus postage.
DIY from scarf, DIY from skirt, DIY from top and shorts, DIY from saree, DIY from t-shirt, DIY from towel, DIY from sheet,
New
Online
Re-sized
Sale
Second hand
Animal Pattern - elephants and giraffes mixed animals 15.99 pounds sterling from Shein
Pyjamas
Pineapple patterns
From Shein Pineapple pyjamas with eye shade about ten pounds in July 2022
From Shein
two pineapple theme styles for winter
FIND AND FOLLOW ANGELA
Follow Angela to find
beautiful bargains - bargains galore, sales pages online
brands and labels
colourful clothes
DIY tips for re-sizing and restoring clothes
Angela's Websites to follow and posts to read
Umbrellas
Useful Companies WEBSITES (Alphabetically by first name)
NB when you log in from another country, the website may detect where you are and send you to the website in your computer's location to reduce their shipping costs. If you are about to visit family in another country, or going overseas for any reason, you may have to change your computer setting or hide location in order to get the .com website or the one in the country you will be visiting. You can save excess postal charges by changing your location if you have family or business overseas and can pick up goods from there or ask family to bring goods with them when they visit you.
Amazon
Angela Lansbury
Ann Balon
Anthony Sicari (listings on eBay on ebay.co.uk and etsy.com of vintage items)
Bata shoes
Clark's shoes
Craghoppers outdoor hiking and adventure
https://www.craghoppers.com/
Damart
eBay
Etsy
Jacques Vert
www.jacques-vert.co.uk
J D Williams
Joseph Seibel
Marks & Spencer
Morrisons Supermarket, UK
Next
Nightingales
Patra, UK, sells silk, cotton and bamboo, day and night clothes. Not to be confused with cocktail dresses from Patra in the USA.
/patra.com
Primark
Sainsbury's supermarket with Tu clothes range
St Luke's charity shops in NW London raising money for hospices
SHEIN
Please pick your favourite posts by Angela Lansbury and share links with your family and friends.
Comments
Post a Comment