Flattering, Beautiful Blue Dress 464, at a Beautiful Price
.The Beautiful Blue Dress
The blue dress has a U shaped neck. Short sleeves. No belt - but it is tight enough to be figure hugging.
It is size 14. Label B.C. Best Connections.
It has slits both sides so you can walk and mount steps. And cross your legs when sitting,
Made in India. 95% viscose. 5% elastane. So it's stretchy and form-fitting.
I bought it from St Luke's charity shop for five pounds.
Many charity shops advertise clothes online.
The cheapest items on ebay are 99p. The UK postage is mostly a minimum of about 3.50 pounds. So the total of the item and postage online would be a minimum of about 4.50 pounds, usually more. That makes the cheapest dress from a charity shop on par. However, not all items in the charity shop are a standard price.
One red jacket with an unusual design was marked at 6.50 pounds. Luckily the dressing room for trying on clothes was open. I found that the red jacket was broad on the shoulders and looked bulky. Great for a tall girl. Not right for somebody small, like me.
The blue dress, however, looked slinky and smart. No visible creases, despite being in the shop alongside a yellow broderie anglaise dress which was badly creased.
I had only enough cash for one item. So I chose the blue dress.
Then I looked online for the label Best Conections
I soon found this
Useful Websites
From Best Connections
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clothing-Best-Connections/
The best Connections dress cost 21.82. pounds. Four times the price of my second hand dress.
Halterneck.
Alternative Cheaper dresses online on Amazon
I found this dress by another label in several colours. But the navy is darker, not the flattering royal blue. It depends on your skin tone, and what looks right on you is not necessarily the same as what looks good on me.
The seller generic offered the cheapest postage at about two pounds.
I discovered that when I was a teenager. A friend envied some of my clothes and tried them on. But they did not suit her at al. Next time we met it was at her house, and we tried the revers. I tried on my favourite items from her wardrobe.
Again, styles which suited her were not flattering for me. Colours which complemented her complexion were not the same as colours which matched mine.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Italian-Lagenlook-Parachute-Stretchy-Sleeveless/dp/B07FYDJKWH/ref=pd_rhf_d_dp_s_pop_multi_srecs_sabr_cn_sccl_1_6/262-2575546-4003030?pd_rd_w=hqdyl&content-id=amzn1.sym.9ad1e0c2-92fe-48b7-99b1-ece8c4f5fe81&pf_rd_p=9ad1e0c2-92fe-48b7-99b1-ece8c4f5fe81&pf_rd_r=RP2PSQVWMD0BMKHFYPWH&pd_rd_wg=gpBab&pd_rd_r=cec09500-2489-4c0d-8a75-53439e811d43&pd_rd_i=B07FY9PY6R&th=1&psc=1
I tried hunting for dress and found one in assorted colours at a similar price, 8.99 (think nine pounds)
I saved the picture in blue and red on my Pinterest.
Postage
Plus postage (unless you are a prime member like me. They just put up the price of Prime by about a pound).
Prime and Postage
I joined Amazon Prime because I needed it for household items fast, such as curtain wire, and thought it was a justified tax loss as I needed items in a hurry to repair and renovate property.
I found another really unusual address which appeared to have a scarf either separate or attached. I presume it is attached, as the headline does not say with matching scarf. However, when I went to ask a question, I got a demand for an Amazon Password. My computer is supposed to save these but it is not working. I don't have time to look it up and mess about.
Useful Websites
My Pinterest with pictures of dresses which I have found online.
s://www.pinterest.co.uk/angelalansbury1/
Please share links to your favourite posts.



Comments
Post a Comment