Green Split sleeve jacket from Shein - light, cheap, creased, Outfit 477a

 


r
Angela Lansbury wearing a green, open front, split sleeve, jacket from Shein. Photo by Trevor Sharot.


What's wrong with this outfit?
The size of the jacket is large, EU40. US 8/10. (That would be a size larger in the UK, 10-12, or 12-14.)  Have I really got that small?
Is it the size which causes the creasing? Disappointingly, the creases cannot be removed by cold water. It will not drip dry and lose the creases. I tried that. They should pack it on a stiff backing, like many men's shirts. 

Red Shoes - Need Matching Accessories
The red clogs match the lipstick, but are too far away. Instead of squinting into the sun I should wear a red baseball cap or pretty wide-brimmed sunhat. A red belt would split the dress and make me look shorter, but would tie in the new shoes.
Alternatively, I should wear neutral beige or brown sandals, my hook and loop ones.
 
Creases
The green jacket, just delivered, is horribly creased. Maybe, if I washed it and drip dried it would look right.
If you are alone at home, so what if it is creased.

The washing label says, cool iron if needed. I would not risk it.

Shades of Green 
The two greens do not match. Now that I am wearing both, you can see that the jacket colour suits my hair better than the turquoise dress.

Revealing and Concealing Arms
If you raise your arm to wave, as I did in this photo, you might reveal a sagging upper arm. When your arms are down, the open sleeve hides your upper arms, whilst leaving you free to move and feel the fresh air.

Quick Dress, Quick Undress, Quick Change
Unlike a shirt with close cuffs, which need to be unbuttoned,  the open front, split sleeve jacket, just slides off.


What Is Delightful About this outfit?
The jacket is so light to wear in summer. I look so happy!

Useful Websites
Please share with your friends the links to your favourite posts
 .           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291

271 hooded jacket with inside pocket from label Canda C & A