495 Skater dress for the Over Seventies? Yes!

 

Angela is in a skater dress, dress 495. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

I used to think that short skirts were only suitable for teenagers and young girls with spindly legs, singles out to attract someone to turn them into a couple. Age, shape, sex appeal - it seemed to me skater dresses were overtly sexy.

Now I think otherwise. I tried on this little outfit and was amazed that it suited me so well. I felt like a dancer. I felt flirty. If felt it was fun. I felt I looked young. I felt young.

I thought I looked svelte. Neat. Nice and normal. Free to move unimpeded by swathes of cloth. Less material to buy if you are into DIY clothes.

When I am in a shop inspecting dresses and skirts, I shall no longer push past the short skirts, flip them aside.  

Are there any disadvantages to my dress? I cannot buy another like it. It has no label. The background colour is cream. So you cannot wear it with white which would look less finished, less co-ordinated.

My skater dress has short sleeves but is in thick fabric. You can buy all kinds of skater dresses.  Thin or thick fabric. Short sleeves and long sleeves. Plain colour or patterned. Form-fitting or wrap. Straight skirt or triple tiered.

All the major suppliers have them at all prices. I found several I liked on the website of Pretty Little Thing. 

Useful Websites

Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.