Create a new skirt by cutting up trousers (USA pants), dress of the day 492
The Black Trousers
It is easy to slit up the inside leg of a pair of trousers. (Americans call trousers pants.) Ironically, the cheaper the cut and style, the better. If I am choosing which pair to cut, or to cut first, I go for a pair without pockets. Why? Because any pockets at the right and left will be centre front and centre back if you rotate the resulting skirt so that the slits are at the sides.
Side Slits
Leaving side slits is quickest and easiest - and sexiest.
The Black Skirt
Angela wearing a skirt made by converting a pair of trousers (Americans say pants). Dress 492. Photo by Trevor Sharot.The slits either side could be left as a gap. Or open one side, like a Chinese cheongsam. Alternatively, cut or fold in the projecting part above knee level. Here are the items in the outfit:
1 Trousers (Pants)
The trousers are brand Miller's, size 14.
2 Multi-colour Dress (Long top or short dress)
. Made in India. 100% viscose. From A K Impex Ltd, Unit 1, Dolphin Wharf, 3 Rockingham Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 2UB UK
Brand Jenya. Size 22. I fastened the neck with a safety pin. Colours: black background, splodges of white, pink, beige and chocolate.
Similar
Marks & Spencer
Printed V neck popover blouse. Colour purple mix. Long sleeves. 100% polyester.
3 The Tie Belt
The black tie belt is matt fabric bias binding (tape), bought from Hobbycraft, Watford, UK.
4 White Lace Edge Petticoat
Vintage. Laura Ashley.
5 Hook & Loop Sandals
Beverley Hills Polo Club. Beige. With hook and loop fastening.
Solid soles underneath. I was in danger of slipping on the hard tiled and imitation wood floor. I felt safer walking on carpet and rugs.
Mine were second hand, rescued, discarded by somebody else.
The toe area was peeling. I was able to hide this with insoles.
6 Black Hat with White Decoration
From a Mary Poppins, Disney outfit, bought in the UK from Lidl supermarket.
7 White Lace Pendant With Initial Letter A
Lace pendant made from a bookmark with the letter A,for my first name, Angela. I bought it in Umbria, Italy, from a lace factory shop which I visited on a travel press trip.
I was looking for lace when I came across this unused lace bookmark. I made it into a pendant by sewing on a piece of red ribbon.
Useful Websites
Similar top from M & S
https://www.marksandspencer.com/sg/printed-v-neck-long-sleeve-popover-blouse/p/P60552836.html
S$74.90 plus delivery. (Singapore dollars.)
Bright orange BHS top and converted skirt outfit. Dress of the day 395.
Please share links to your favourite posts.
Crochet lace from
1
https://www.cruciani.net/en/cruciani-cashmere-made-in-umbria-2/
2
Just under five pounds on Amazon a lace bookmark with treble clef pattern
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lace-music-themed-bookmark-standing/dp/B07HDNNSG8
3
https://www.broideriestitch.com/products/hand-embroidered-monogram-bookmark-two-initials
(pricey, plain white fabric with two embroidered coloured initials)
4
White Lace collar from ebay, supplied by jiaozh O. Under five pounds and under five US dollars.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/jiaozh_0
Millers - not sure if it is the same as Miller's
https://www.millers.com.au/
https://www.millersfashion.co.nz/clothing
Sandals
Beverley Hills Polo Club (BH PC registered) USA . Made in Taiwan.
https://www.bhpoloclub.com/shoes.html
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=beverly+hills+polo+club+sandals
Selling secondhand clothes in the UK


Comments
Post a Comment