Yours black top with white polkadots, dress of the day 494
Yours is a company which supplies plus size clothes for men and women. Their label has a red heart in front of the name, as does the website banner. Their strapline is Queen of Curves.
Buyers & Sellers Of Large Size Clothes
Isn't everybody dieting? Yes, but British people, and Americans, are notoriously putting on weight. The Dutch and Scandinavians have grown taller with better nutrition since WW2. People are living longer so more reach the age of Middle Age Spread. Immigration adds to the mix. An influx into the UK, especially London around Heathrow, of red hot mamas with large families from India and the Caribbean and other countries, as a result there is a market for large clothes.
(In Singapore I had trouble finding average size clothes. There the Chinese have small frames. The average age when I arrived was under 30. So I had to go to Mustafa's department store in Little India to get large size clothes. Side trips to Australia and New Zealand allowed me to find more choice of summer swimsuits and winter jackets.)
Yours Clothes Advantages
I have a couple of the Yours tops/dresses. They are easy and quick to put on, with wide necklines, wide sleeves and wrists, no fiddly buttons, stretch fabric with generous cut.
Colour - Black? Why?
I was puzzled by the dark, dull, colours, at first. However, black is famously a slimming colour. A black background with a white polka-dot or multi-colour pattern won't show stains (which would show up on white). Another advantage is not showing white specks which would show up on plain black.
Funeral Wear
At first I said to myself, jokingly, this looks black like funeral wear. Then, I reflected, that it is handy to have something black, but not solid black.
Yours Products
They also sell shoes, including wide fit.
Where Are They?
The company is based in Peterborough, UK. They supply ASOS and have standalone stores.
They have stores all over the UK, eg in London in Uxbridge and Watford. Also several Yours branches are in Ireland.
Sales running in September, 2022. Sizes 10-36. Shoes 5-11.
Yours short sleeved smock dress, reduced to 14.99 pounds sterling in the sale, online.
Also in green.
I would opt for a size 16 which is a forty inch bust. The large size might be broad on the shoulders. It may be long enough to cut off the hem to make a matching belt and headband.
Delivery to Singapore was 25 dollars, more for tracked delivery. That's okay. Although it is a lot, instead I can order in the UK when I am there, or have an item shipped to a family member in the UK.
Yours also supply maternity wear, menswear, and short-sleeve nightdresses in cotton.
The Black Hat
The hat went with a dress, part of a childen's Mary Poppins outfit by Disney, bought in the UK from supermarket Lidl.
The Sandals
Red, with hook and loop closure.
Black Half Slip
The slip is worn to add length to the dress, which makes me look taller and slimmer..
Useful Websites
https://www.yoursclothing.co.uk/store-finder
Online shipping to Singapore and worldwide.
For men
Please share links to your favourite posts.



Comments
Post a Comment